{5}

Hope's POV

Once again, the week had flown by. It was now Friday. I hadn't seen Billie since she got sent to the office on Monday after kicking Jacob's ass.

It was second block and I was just chilling out with Kaiden in the courtyard. I had my head rested against the table, trying to drift off to sleep.

"Dude, I've never seen you so drained of energy. What's up?" Kaiden asked, concern obvious in his voice.

"I've had a lot of homework already and I can't just seem to get enough sleep." I shrugged.

"You should go to Oliver's party tonight, let loose." He suggested.

"I don't know. Ms. Baker gave a whole four fucking page packet for homework."

"Listen, we let loose tonight at the party, then we can do homework on Saturday or Sunday. Please?" He pleaded.

I looked at him and sighed. I've always been a bit of a pushover, especially for friends. I just couldn't help it. "Fine, Kaiden. But you're doing the homework with me."

"Deal." He smiled.

I was just about to lay my head back down when my phone started ringing. I pulled it out and read the caller ID. It read 'DADDY.'

"Who's daddy?!" Kaiden gasped.

I put a finger up to my mouth, signaling for him to be quiet as I answered the call. "Hello?"

"Hey mamas. What're you doing right now?"

"Nothing, just trying to sleep in the courtyard. What are you doing?" I asked.

"Walking to the courtyard."

About twenty seconds after she said this, the door that lets you to the courtyard from inside opened and Billie exited from it.

"Yo, I'll talk to you later, I see someone I know. I'ma go talk to them." Billie told me.

"Yeah, me too." I couldn't help but laugh a little as she ended the call and walked over to me and Kaiden. She sat down beside me. "Wassup?"

"Nothing." I shrugged.

Billie looked over Kaiden. "You're Kaiden, right?"

"Yeah."

Billie turned back to me. "So you doing anything tonight, babygirl?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm going with Kaiden to Oliver's party tonight."

She smirked and leaned back against the table. "Great, me too."

"So what did they do when you went to the office Monday?"

"They suspended me for the rest of Monday and then I was also suspended Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. So today I was able to come back." She shrugged.

I nodded. My phone buzzed and I looked down to see a text. From Kaiden. I looked at him in confusion and he mouthed 'just open it.'

I opened the message and read it.

Kaiden
Why tf is her contact name
DADDY??

Me
She did it not me

With that, I shrugged and put my phone into my pocket. I crossed my arms onto the table and rested my read in them and closed my eyes, trying to get to sleep like I had originally planned to do.

"You tired?" Billie asked.

I just nodded my head and nuzzled it further into my arms. After that, the three of us didn't really say anything until the bell rang. I had gotten probably five or ten minutes of sleep, but it wasn't enough to make a difference.