{36}

Hope's POV
Wednesday, January 6th

"And how did you do this, again?" The doctor, who I learned was Dr. Khan, asked.

"I fell." Billie sighed.

"How did you fall?" Dr. Khan questioned.

"I just... fell?" Billie said as if it was obvious. "I mean, damn, why do you have to ask so many questions?"

Dr. Khan let out a loud sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I need to know for the paperwork."

He jotted something down on his clipboard and walked to the door. "I'll be back."

He left the room and shut the door as he did. I turned to Billie. "How are you feeling?"

"It hurts." She pouted.

I reached down and grabbed her hand, bringing it up to my face and kissing it. "It'll get better."

"I know." She sighed. "I mean, I've only sprained it ten million times." She grumbled sarcastically.

"I remember you telling me about how you sprained your ankles a lot." I said, thinking back to the day she first came to my house. "How does it happen?"

"I just have weak ass ankles!" She threw her hands up. "I swear to god, it's the most annoying thing ever!" I laughed as she pretended to choke herself with one of her many chains that she had on.

A few minutes later, Dr. Khan came back in with a boot for her. He handed it to her and began talking as I helped her put it on, seeing as she still had a cast on her hand. "Now, I don't want to see you in here again for the next month so that I can check up on your hand." He said, giving Billie a stern look.

"Whatever." Billie muttered. "Am I free to leave yet?"

"Yes. See you in a month." He smiled.

I helped Bil off from the examination table and we walked out of the building and into my car. I helped her into the passenger side. I quickly walked around and got into the driver's seat.

Billie looked over at me as I started driving. "You should really wear my clothes more often."

I glanced over at her and flashed a toothy grin at her. I took my right hand off of the steering wheel and reached for her left.

"You're so fucking cute." She smiled.

"Thank you."

She squeezed my hand gently. "Also, we do not speak of the actual reason why this happened." She gestured down to her ankle with her right hand.

I let out a laugh. "You know, I never really pegged you to be a Justin Bieber fan."

She glared at me. "Shut up."

"But I gotta say, you nailed Nicki's verse." I laughed.

"Whatever." She grumbled.

-

"No, no, no, hear me out! You look like a princess! You're like... glowing and shit!"