{40}

a/n forty chapters omg

^ Hope's Outfit for Friday

Hope's POV
Thursday, February 4th

"Holy fuck, this feels amazing!" Billie grinned, twisting her arm around and closing then reopening her hand. "Thanks, doc!"

Dr. Khan smiled. "No problem, Ms. O'Connell."

I waited for Billie to correct him on using her actual last name like she usually does, but she was too focused on looking her hand, which was now out of it's cast, to correct him on it.

"Well my job here is done. I'll see you... well hopefully not any time soon." He muttered the last part. "Stay safe and see you next time."

He held the door open for us and we walked out, Billie reaching down with her right hand to hold my left. We made our way outside and Billie excitedly ran to the passenger side of her car to open the door for me. After I was in the seat, she shut the door, and ran over to her side, getting in.

"I actually get to drive again!" She grinned. "Dude this is the best day of my life!"

I laughed as she started up the car and backed out of her parking spot.

-

"Addy, baby, I swear I didn't mean it."

"You say that every time and then you go and do it again." I gritted out, tears running down my face. "What makes this time any different?"

"Baby, I said I'm sorry. Please forgive me." She begged, reaching for my hand.

I jerked away. "No, Maddy. I can't do this anymore. W-We're done."

"No we're not. You can't break up with me."

"Yes I can."

She shook her head. "I'll fucking... I'll slit my wrists. Do you really want that?"

I shot awake, letting out a shaky sigh of relief when I realized that it was just a dream. I turned on my side, seeing Billie peacefully asleep, her hair laid across the pillow.

I cuddled into her, smiling when she wrapped her arm around me, pulling me impossibly closer to her. I felt safe when I was with her. As long as I was with her, no one could hurt me.

-
Friday, February 5th

"Baby, I don't feel so good." Billie complained, clutching her stomach. "I feel like I'm gonna throw up or some shit."