{6}

Hope's POV

I pushed through past people as I tried to to find Billie. I got to the door and ran outside. I saw Billie getting sitting in her car about to leave. I quickly ran over to it and knocked on the window. She looked at me, obviously annoyed, but she rolled down the window.

"What?" She spat.

I cringed at how she forcefully she said it. "Don't go." I said weakly.

"Why not?"

"Because... can we just talk?"

She leaned over the console and opened the passenger side door. "Get in."

I walked around the car and got into her car, shutting the door. I put my hands in my lap and watched them as I just fiddled with them. "I-I'm sorry."

She looked over at me. She didn't say anything for a little bit. She just kinda stared at me. "Don't be sorry. It's not your fault."

"But it is my fault. I let him be all flirty with me right in front of you. That was really fucking insensitive of me."

"Yeah, that was pretty fucking insensitive of you." She said lowly and I don't know why but it felt like those words physically hurt me.

I stayed silent. She reached her hand out for mine and I let her take it. I looked up at her and we still said nothing.

"How about this... you can come over to my house tomorrow and we just spend the entire day together?" I suggested.

She smiled lightly. "Bet, bet." I laughed lightly.

"Do you want to go back to the party or do you want me to just drive you back to your place?" She asked.

I thought for a moment before answering. "Yeah just take me back to my place if that's not to much to ask."

"Not at all, baby." She said as she started backing out of the driveway. I'm not sure why but hearing her call me baby, or any name like that, after her not calling me a pet name all night made me so happy. I just don't know why.

I felt my phone start buzzing so I looked down to see that Kaiden was calling me. I looked at Billie. "Mind if I answer this?" She shook her head so I answered it.

"Hey."

"Where did you run off to? I can't find you anywhere!" He worried.

"Sorry I had to go clear things out with someone. They're dropping me off at my place. I'm sorry I didn't tell you." I explained.

He sighed in relief. "So you're good?"

"Yep."

"Alright well text me when you get home."

"I will. Talk to you later."

"Bye."

I ended the call and put my phone in my lap. Billie looked at me for a second before returning to look at the road ahead. "Let me guess... it was Kaiden?"

I giggled a little. "Yeah. How'd you know?"

"Because he's always calling you."

I nodded. "Fair point."

-

Billie pulled into my driveway, took the key out of her car, and got out, running to my side. She opened the door and held her hand out. I took it and let her help me out of the car. She shut the door and pulled me to the driveway. I pulled my house key out of my little purse that I had on and opened the door.