{13}

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of self harm, racism, and homophobia.

Hope's POV

"Okay, so here's what happened. Jah had a crazy fucking girlfriend. She'd always yell at him for no reason at fucking all, get pissed if he wasn't always with her, and she fucking hated me. She's a jealous bitch who thought I was gonna get with Jah, despite that I told her I was a whole ass lesbian countless of times."

"Well, as I said, she was fucking crazy. One day, she beat herself up or something, I don't even know, and made her have bruises all over her body and shit. Then she went to the police and told them that Jah was fucking abusing her!"

"So they took him to court, found him guilty, and sent him to jail for a year. But they fucking knew that Jah didn't lay a finger on her, that judge was just racist as shit. I went to visit Jah as soon as I could and told him I would bail him out, but he's stubborn and wouldn't fucking let me."

"I begged him to let me bail him, but he 'didn't want me spending that much money on him' even though he knows money isn't a fucking issue for me." She sighed loudly, pinching the bridge of her nose. "I didn't really need to say the last bit, but you get the point. Jah isn't a bad guy, promise. He just had a shitty fucking girlfriend."

I stood there, in shock of what she had told me. How could somebody be that cruel? She literally inflicted pain onto herself, just to send Jah to jail and for what? Jah is an angel and I doubt he even did anything wrong to her.

"Wow... how could someone even think to do that?" Was all I managed to say.

"I don't even know." She looked down at one of the four watches she was wearing. "Well, I've gotta get home. Finneas is probably about to call me since I didn't tell him that I'd be out. I'll see you tomorrow, baby." She smiled.

"Yeah, I should get home too. See ya, Bil."

-

I put my math textbook in my locker and zipped up my book bag, slinging it over one my shoulders afterwards. I shut my locker and almost screamed as I saw someone standing there, looking at me.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" The girl apologized quickly.

"I-it's alright. Umm, sorry do I know you?" I questioned. The girl looked similar enough, but I couldn't place a name.

"Well, not exactly. You know my sister though. My twin sister." She explained.

I raised my eyebrow. "And your sister is who now?"

"Jay Gray. You know, the one you fought on Halloween."

"I thought you looked familiar! So, what exactly are you wanting from me..." I trailed off, realizing I didn't even know her name.

"Jaelyn. I don't want anything from you. I just wanted to thank you." She rocked on her heals.

"Excuse me, what exactly are you thanking me for?" I asked, confused.

"For beating the shit out of Jay. She's a total bitch and she deserved it. So, yeah, thank you doing that. I would've done it a long time ago if I wouldn't have got grounded for hurting everybody's favorite little twin."

I let out a little laugh. "You're welcome, I guess? I've only talked to her a total of, like, five times, but she's been a bitch all five of those times. You know, you seem pretty cool, and from what I can already tell, you seem to be the better twin." I wrapped an arm around her shoulder and started walking down the hallway. It was time for lunch, and all the seniors had the same lunch wave, so I knew this was where she needed to go.