Unwilling Rollercoaster Rides

Katy Perry - Chained to the Rhythm (ft. Skip Marley)

Ay, up in your high place, liars

Time is ticking for the empire

The truth they feed is feeble

As so many times before

Not long ago, you lost the wheelchair to the serpentine. Today, another sat in front of you. With a sigh, you put down the note that your mother had yet again scribbled her words- that being 'the doctor did suggest this but that ''friend'' of yours beat me to it'.

You didn't want to ask how significant the consequences would be if you broke this one. It would be better off not poking that beehive. As much as your mother was lovely there were times when she wasn't, especially the case with money.

Remo yawned, briefly showing his sharp fangs, turning his eyes to the wheelchair. ''I'm gonna bet my last ham sandwich that it lasts a month-'' He eyed you briefly while not meeting your gaze. ''No, wait, a week.''

''Don't jinx it. For my sake...'' You groaned, bringing the wheelchair closer to then sit in it. The little snake looked at it for a bit longer before going onto your shoulders and settling there as per usual.

Together, you went to the control room where the others were. Something under the covers sat on a table, which Nya uncovered, showing it to be a serpentine skeleton.

''Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the Golden Age and must be hundreds of years old.'' Nya informed the group. ''Although the venom in the fangs of the Fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an antivenom.''

She then brought out a laser pointer to aim at the skeleton's long fangs, while you sat there listening to her every word.

Some of the boys weren't as interested, her brother leaning back in his chair, a pen in his grip. Zane was listening and taking notes while the falcon sat there. Cole drew on his paper, him with his scythe fighting, while in the background was a figure clothed in orange. You eyed the drawing for a moment, the Earth Ninja turning his gaze to you questioningly.

You cleared your throat. ''Just curious.'' Something about that drawing sparked a kind of hope in you. It wasn't something that was supposed to happen, was it? Your chances of achieving it were crushed when your legs were injured. But the thought still prevailed, despite your situation.

Wheeling forward, you put down some paper and decided to draw the falcon just to get your mind off certain things. While you did that, you also took notes so Nya's lecture wouldn't go to waste.

''If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects.'' Nya began before her cheeks turned pink. She then sniffed. ''Resulting in...diminished, uh, excuse me, is someone wearing perfume?'' Nya questioned, looking your way, then to Jay. ''I'm severely allergic to perfume.''

''You and I both know I don't wear that, ever since that fire-'' You began before stopping yourself as you looked away.

''Heh.'' Jay then turned to Kai, voice dropping into a whisper. ''You told me it was men's cologne.''

''Meh, I get them mixed up.'' Kai dismissively replied. The others but you, Jay and Nya laughed. You looked over at Zane as he opened a panel in his arm, revealing switches underneath. He flicked one, turning the humour switch off, then closed the panel.