lazy day | jonah

You and Jonah were lounging around your shared apartment, spending your Saturday morning doing your usual activities. Binge watching TV shows on Netflix and cuddling on the couch. You stood up from your spot on Jonah's lap and he whined at the loss of warmth. "No," he groaned, dragging out the 'o', "you're so warm. Come back, Y/N." You laughed at his neediness and threw the blanket back over him, "I need to go shower, I'll be back soon." Jonah's eyes lit up and he wiggled his eyebrows, "Showering alone?" he said suggestively. You picked up a throw pillow from the couch and tossed it at him, "Keep it in your pants, Marais." you chuckled and headed to the bathroom.

After your shower you threw on a pair of soft shorts and Jonah's Minnesota Twins t-shirt, it was one of your favorites. It was big on you, ending at the end of your shorts and you loved sporting the 'Marais' on the back. You blow dried your hair and went back downstairs to find Jonah in the same spot as he was before, fast asleep. You looked at your boyfriend lovingly, running your hand softly through his messy hair, stroking his cheek with your thumb. You leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss on his forehead and turned to walk away, but his hand reached up and grabbed your wrist. "Hmmm, come lay with me." Jonah mumbled and you let him pull you closer. You swung your leg over his waist and sat down, straddling him. You put your hands on his cheeks and he sighed contently, "What?' you laughed and he opened his eyes, the green-ish color more dull than usual in the dim light of the living room. "Your hands are cold, it feels nice." You had an idea, you leaned down and kissed his forehead. Then his cheeks, then his nose, then finally his lips. "Ooh, that feels nice too," he said, grinning and moved his hands to rest on your waist, slipping his fingertips under your shirt drawing soft circles on the skin above your shorts. You pulled away and places your hands on Jonah's chest. "Someone is clingy today, huh?" Jonah poked his fingers into your sides to make you squirm and you fell forward, landing on his chest with your arms tucked under you. You lifted your head up and rested your chin on his chest and he stared at you. In such a loving, adoring way; he just stared at you. Like a piece of art hung up in a museum. Jonah moved his hand from your side and tapped your nose, "Boop." You scrunched up your nose and smiled. "What's on your mind?" you asked, wanting to know what was going on inside that beautiful head of his. "Not much, just thinking of how pretty you are and how lucky I am." he gushed and your cheeks turned hot. "Stop it, you're too sweet." you said and buried your face in his shirt. He chuckled at your shyness and kissed the top of your head. "Can't help it, baby. I really am lucky." he mumbled into your hair, barely above a whisper. "I'm pretty damn lucky too." you said and he felt your smile on his chest.

After a few more hours of cuddling, you both got up and decided to be more productive with your time. Well, your definition of productive: you doing one load of laundry and Jonah taking a shower. As you were folding shirts and hanging up clothes, you heard the faint sound of piano keys coming from the living room. You followed the sound, finding Jonah sat shirtless at the grand piano that you managed to fit in your living space. He was humming a song that you didn't recognize. You walked up behind him, placing your hands on his shoulders and kissing his cheek. You wrapped your arms around him and rested your chin on his shoulder while he played what seemed to be the chorus of the mystery song. You loved watching Jonah play piano, the way he sang so gently and how his fingers moved over the keys so fluently. He was beautiful when he played piano. "What are you playing? I don't think I've heard it before." you asked. "Remember that song we recorded like a year ago, the one Ed Sheeran wrote us?" he said and you nodded, faintly remembering it. "Well we re-recorded it and it's gonna be 8/12." You pulled away from his shoulders and he turned around to look at you. "Oh my god, really? J, that's amazing!" you beamed and he smiled at you. "Can you sing it for me?" you asked sweetly, knowing he sometimes got nervous when you listened to him play, but loved how much you enjoyed it. Jonah patted the spot next to him on the piano bench and you slid onto it. You rested your head on his shoulder and he began playing the song and singing his part, "Knew I was falling, when I looked inside your eyes and she said, I know you are but what am I." Jonah sang from his first part through to the end, and it felt like you were floating on a cloud. You loved when he sang for you, even if it was humming little tunes when you laid in bed cuddled together. Once he finished, you grabbed the back of his neck and caught him off guard with a kiss. He reacted quickly, putting his hand on your back and kissing you back. Once you pulled away, his lips were a tad swollen and he had a goofy grin plastered on his face. "What was that for? Not that I'm complaining." he said and you giggled, kissing his bare shoulder. "That song is really beautiful, I love it so much. The fans are gonna go crazy, I can't wait 'til you release it." you gushed and he pulled you into his side, "Thank you, baby." he said and kissed your temple. You moved to look up at him again and leaned in for another kiss. Before your lips met you whispered "I'm so proud of you, Jo. I love you." and connected your lips. Jonah pulled away and whispered back, "I love you more, Y/N." before kissing you once more.