contagious | jack

You let out a groan as you opened your eyes. When you fell asleep the sun was still out, but now your room was dark and the sky has turned navy blue. You checked the time and cursed yourself mentally, you were supposed to go out with your boyfriend Jack tonight but you felt like garbage. You had a pounding headache and couldn't keep any food or drink down all day. Even on the lowest brightness setting, dialing Jack's number on the screen of your phone made your head throb. "Hello?" he said and instead of greeting him, you coughed harshly. "Babe, you okay?" he asked with concern in his voice. "Yeah," you croaked, "but I think we'll need to reschedule this date night. I"m so sick I feel like I'm dying. I'm sorry, J." Jack sighed on the other side of the line and you assumed he was upset. "Y/N, you don't need to apologize to me. We can do date night whenever you can. For right now we need to focus on you getting better. Have you eaten today?" he asked and your heart fluttered despite how weak your body felt. He was the sweetest boy. "Not really. Anything I eat comes right back up and I don't have the proper medicine here to help." you said sadly. "Don't move, I'll be over in 15 minutes." "Jack, you don't have to—" "Ah ah, don't argue. I'm coming over. I love you, bye." Before you could say anything back he hung up and you dropped your phone on the back. You shook your head at his stubbornness, but you couldn't help but smile at how eager he was to take care of you.

Just like he said, fifteen minutes later Jack had let himself into your apartment with the key you gave him and came straight to your room. He stood in the doorway with two drugstore bags in his hands, pouting at you. You were cuddled up in bed surrounded by blankets. "Are you cold?" he asked and you shivered despite the layers over your body. "I'm like sweating but also freezing? I don't know if this is the flu or something but whatever it is, it's miserable." you said and forced a chuckle. "My poor baby. I got you some stuff that'll hopefully help and then I figured we could watch movies or something. Nothing too crazy, you just need to rest." You smiled at Jack and he sat next to you on the bed, shoving some of the blankets aside to make room for himself. He emptied the contents of the bags onto your bed and you looked to him in awe. "J, you didn't have to get all of this." "Yes I did. You're my girl and you always take care of me when I'm sick or upset. Let me take care of you, please." he said and you sighed, nodding. "Here, take this and these." he said, handing you a flu pill and some liquid medicine to help your headache. You smelled the liquid and gagged, earning a laugh from your boyfriend. "That is exactly why I also got you this." he said, handing you a Powerade. You downed the medicine and washed it down with the drink, exhaling deeply afterwards. While you brushed your teeth, Jack got up and brought the small waste basket over to your side of the bed in case you needed it. "I know you're hot and cold, but I brought you the sweatshirt you always steal." he smiled and you giggled, taking it from him happily and slipping it on over your tank top. You moved the blankets so he could lay next to you. He pulled you into him and you laid your head on his chest. "What do you wanna watch?" "Can we watch a Disney movie?" you asked innocently and he laughed, knowing exactly what to put on. The two of you cuddled in your bed and watched the movie, Jack encouraging you to eat a few of the snacks he brought you throughout it. You could feel yourself starting to get sleepy and you whined into Jack's chest. "Hmm baby?" "I'm so tired." He lifted your chin and kissed your cheek and then went to kiss your lips. You quickly turned your head and he huffed. "I don't wanna get you sick. I might be contagious." you defended and he shrugged, "At this point I'm probably still gonna get sick from just being this close to you, but it's worth it. You're worth it." he gushed and you pushed his chest playfully. "Fine, I'll just have to take care of you too then." you gave in and he plated a quick but sweet kiss on your lips. "Take a nap. I'll be here when you wake up." he said and you made yourself comfortable in his arms. "I love you." you mumbled sleepily and he held you tighter, "Not as much as I love you, angel."