just kiss me | zach

"Are we seriously doing this right now? We're not middle schoolers." Zach whined as everyone sat in a circle on the living room floor. You were hanging out with the boys from Why Don't We, who were five of your best friends. You'd met Jack a few months ago through a mutual friend and started spending more time with him and the boys, all of you growing very close very quickly. The six of you were bored out of your minds so Daniel suggested playing a game of truth or dare. Everyone agreed, much to Zach's dismay as well as yours. You had a crush on Zach and it was a secret you hadn't told anyone—except Daniel. Daniel smirked at you from across the circle and you rolled your eyes, hoping he wouldn't do anything stupid. "I'll start. Jonah, truth or dare?" Corbyn said and Jonah thought over his options. "Truth." "Have you ever lied to a girl to get out of a date?" he asked him and everyone looked to Jonah for his response. Jonah inhaled sharply and scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah, I have." he admitted and all of you exclaimed, wanting to know the full story. "Yo! What happened?" Daniel asked and Jonah shrugged, "This one girl would not shut up about her ex boyfriend the entire date so I faked a phone call and told her that Jack's car died and I needed to go pick him up." You covered your mouth and laughed, shocked at his elaborate lie. "I mean, that's fair." you said and Jonah nudged your shoulder, "See! Thank you, Y/N." The game continued on for a while, most of the truths exposing embarrassing things about the boys and the dares consisting of very stupid prank calls and awkward stories. Daniel's turn rolled around and he looked at you, shooting you a wink. You glared at him, hopin he'd get the hint to keep his mouth shut. "Zach, truth or dare?" he said innocently and you felt your body tense up. "Dare." Fuck. "I dare you to play 7 Minutes in Heaven with Y/N." The room went quiet and both you and Zach turned bright red. "C'mon now! Get your asses up and into a closet or something." Jack said and Zach stood up, you following after him. The two of you walked down the hall and into his bedroom, ignoring the hollers from the boys in the other room.

You stood awkwardly in the middle of Zach's room as he shut the door, turning to face you. He shoved his hands in his pockets and looked down at his feet, chuckling and shaking his head. "What's so funny?" you asked and he looked up to meet your gaze. "Nothing, you just um, nevermind." he shyly said and your hopes starting to rise. "What about me? If you don't wanna do this we can just lie to the boys about it. It's really not a big—" "No, Y/N. I want to do this. You just..make me nervous." he said, cutting off your nervous rambling. You took this as an oppotunity to step closer to him, your confidence slowly building. "Why do I make you nervous?" you chuckled and he smiled. "I don't know," he breathed, "you're very pretty and I think Daniel did this on purpose because I really like you." Your eyes widened at his words and a look of panic washed over his face. "If you don't feel the same it's fine. Like I promise it won't be awkward I just thought you should know about it." he stuttered and you put your hand on his arm. "Zach." "Yeah?" "Just kiss me." Zach didn't hesitate after that, putting his hand on your cheek and bringing your lips to his. You kissed him back, wrapping your arms around his torso. Once he pulled away, you couldn't help the bright smile on your face. "I really like you too." you said and Zach's eyes lit up. "Wait, really?" he asked in shock and you nodded. "Oh thank god, because I really want to kiss you again." he said and you giggled, leaning back in to kiss him again. Your kiss was interrupted by rapping on the door, the boys' voices coming from the other side. You and Zach looked at each other, bursting into laughter because you completely forgot about the boys. Zach walked over and cracked the door open, "Sorry guys, we're done playing. See ya later!" he said and shut the door on them. You hid your flushed face in your hands as the boys whooped and cheered from the other side of the closed door. "You're welcome!" Daniel shouted and Zach chuckled, flicking him off through the door. He walked back over to you and put his hands on your hips, pulling you closer to him. "Now, where were we?"