ocean breeze | jack

You rolled around in bed, unable to sleep but trying not to wake the boy sleeping next to you. You'd accompanied your boyfriend Jack for a weekend at his family's beach house. You had been tossing and turning for around an hour and you eventually gave up on trying to sleep. You tiptoed out of bed, slipping out from under the covers and going downstairs. You slid open the patio door and let the cool summer night air hit your face. You grabbed a pair of sandals and decided to take a walk on the beach. You closed the door behind you and starting trekking through the sand, enjoying the quiet beach and the sounds of the ocean. It was completely still other than the water, it seemed as though the entire city behind you was asleep. After a while you found yourself at the edge of the water, dipping your toes in and looking up at the stars littering the sky. It was peaceful and beautiful. There wasn't any particular reason for your lack of sleep, but you honestly weren't too upset about it. You'd take this night over any busy day at the beach.

Some time went by and you spent it walking up and down the oceanside, drawing shapes in the damp sand and just letting yourself be. "Hey." you heard someone say and you turned around to see Jack walking towards you. "Hey, how'd you find me?" you asked and he shrugged, wrapping his arms around your shoulders once he reached you. "I rolled over and the other side of the bed was empty so I looked out the balcony door and saw you out here." he said. You held onto his forearms and leaned back into his chest, feeling him press a kiss to the top of your head. "What are you doing out here? It's like, 2 in the morning." Jack chuckled. "I couldn't sleep and I like the beach. It's really pretty at night." you explained and he hummed. "Almost as pretty as you." he said. You laughed and turned in his arms, "Smooth, Avery." Jack tucked a strand of hair behind your ear and stared at you. You couldn't tell what he was thinking about, but the way he was looking at you made you think it had to do with you. You slung your arms up around his neck and lightly tugged at the hair at the nape of his neck. "What are you looking at me like that for?" you asked, a smile on your face. "Mmm, just thinkin'." "About?" "The future." You raised a brow and he smirked at you. "Like, the band future? Your future? Our future? WHat are we talkin' here?" you giggled and he kissed your nose. "Our future. I don't know what it holds for us but I do know that I can't wait to spend it all with you." he said and you felt like you were about to melt into a puddle. "I love you, you know that right?" you said and Jack leaned in and kissed you. When he pulled back he rested his forehead against yours. "Yes, I do. I love you more." You were about to tell him that that was impossible, but when you opened your mouth a yawn came out instead. Jack smiled and widened his eyes, "Someone's tired now, huh?" You rolled your eyes at him and he turned around, crouching down a bit. "Hop on, I'll carry you back." You hoisted yourself onto his back and he gave you a piggyback right to the patio door. The two of you took off your shoes and shook the sand out of them before quietly making your way back up to the bedroom. You crawled into bed next to Jack, nuzzling into his side as he put his arm around you. You fell asleep to the sound of his heart softly beating in his chest, dreaming of the future with the sweet boy lying with you.