best friend's brother | daniel pt. 1

"Y/N, are you listening to me?" your best friend Anna said to you, pulling you out of your daze. "What? Yeah, sorry. Just zoned out for a second there." She smirked at you, turning around to fix her dress in the mirror. "Daydreaming about Connor again?" she teased and you tossed a pillow at her back. "Shut up, I was not." "Mhm, whatever you say." she said, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder and smiling at you. You were currently over at the Seavey's helping Anna pick out an outfit for her first date with this new boy she was seeing. He seemed really sweet and she was so excited, you couldn't help but share her contagious smile. You and Anna had been best friends since grammar school, so along with smiles you shared mostly everything else. The Seavey household was like a second home to you. The only secret you'd kept from Anna was about who was occupying your daydreams. You'd convinced her it was one of the football players in your grade, Connor Larrison. In reality, it was her older brother Daniel.

"I like the blue more, it makes your eyes pop." you said from your spot on her bed. "He did compliment my eyes the other day." she concluded and you smiled at her, "See, I know my stuff." The two of you turned your attention to the door when you heard a quick knock before it opened, Daniel's head poking through. "Do you have a phone charger I could borrow? Hey, Y/N." You tried to keep your giddiness to a minimum as you smiled, waving to him. "No, mine broke." "Shit, alright." he said, about to close the door when you shot up—maybe a little too eagerly. "I have one! In my um, bag downstairs. I'll go grab it." you said and Daniel smiled, "Sweet, thank you Y/N." You told Anna you'd be right back and jogged down to her living room, Daniel following behind you. You dug through your bag, pulling the charger out and handing it to him. "Thanks again, Y/N. What time are you leaving?" he asked, causing you to furrow your eyebrows. He chuckled a bit and shook his head, "So I can make sure I give this back before you go." he clarified and you relaxed, smiling a little bit to hide your shyness. "Oh right, whenever I can convince my sister to pick me up I guess." you said. You shifted your feet nervously, unsure whether to walk back upstairs or not. "I can drive you home, if you want. I'm going to Jonah's at 4." he offered, seeming a bit nervous himself. No, you thought, he's not nervous. It's just a little crush. "Sure, thanks D." you said, walking back up to Anna's room.

"Daniel's driving you home, right?" Anna asked as she put the finishing touches on her makeup. "Yes, wait look at me." you said, wiping excess mascara off her eyelid with your thumb. "Thank you." she giggled, her eyes sparkling. "Y/N, ready to go?" Daniel voice echoed up the stairs. "Yeah, be down in a second! Have so much fun, I love you." you said to Anna, hugging her goodbye. "I'll keep you updated, text me when you get home. I love you too." she beamed, waving you out the door. You met Daniel in the driveway and got in his car, letting your bag rest at your feet. "Here's your charger back." he said and you thanked him, taking the cord from his hands. He let his hand linger on yours for a moment longer than either of you expected, your cheeks turning pink. Neither of you said anything, turning forwards and him starting the car. When he turned to reverse out of the driveway, he swung his arm around to rest on your seat, eyes glued to the back window. The first few minutes of the ride were quiet, music lowly playing in the background. "Y/N?" "Yeah?" "I had a charger." Daniel said. You turned and looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" He sighed, tightening his grip on the wheel. "I didn't need to borrow a charger, I just wanted an excuse to talk to you because you're really pretty but you're my sister's best friend and I didn't want it to be weird but—" "You think I'm pretty?" you cut him off, a smiling threatening to form on your lips. Daniel bit his lip and pulled into your driveway. Once he parked the car, he turned and made eye contact with you, "Yeah, I do. You're really pretty. I'd actually love to hang out, or take you out or something sometime if you want to." You were about to pinch yourself, was this actually happening? "What about Anna?" you nervously asked, shifting to face him more. Daniel shrugged, a hopeful grin on his face. "We'll figure it out. What do you say? Will you go on a date with me?" he asked and you couldn't hold back the joy you were feeling. "I'd love to, Daniel." you said, grabbing your bag. You opened the door and leaned over the center console, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek. He smiled and waited for you to get in, taking special note of the 'Call me!' you mouthed to him before walking in your front door. Daniel was your best friend's brother, but he might just be the one for you.

a/n:
we love a good victorious reference
a ha ha i am so funny!