sweet girl | corbyn

"She looks so peaceful." you mumbled from position on the hospital bed. After hours and hours of painful labor, your beautiful newborn girl finally arrived. She was now sound asleep in Corbyn's arms as he sat on the chair pulled up next to you. Corbyn didn't say anything, he just stared at the tiny new life he was holding. "I didn't think it was possible to love someone so much so quickly." he chuckled and you smiled, stretching your legs out. "How are you feeling, Mama?" he asked, using his free hand to brush your hair from your face. You hummed, closing your eyes in response to his warm touch on your skin. "I'm okay. Just very tired." He nodded and kissed your head before leaning down and kissing your daughter's head as well. "Get some sleep before visitors start coming. I've got her." Corbyn said and you sighed, nodding in agreement and letting the exhaustion take over you. Once you fell asleep, Corbyn leaned back in the chair and settled the baby on his chest, his heart melting in his chest as he watched her sleep. He held her tiny hand between his fingers and rocked back and forth, her cheek squished against his t-shirt and mouth agape as small breaths left her pink lips.

"She is the most precious little girl ever." Corbyn's sister Ashley gushed as she held your daughter in her arms. "We keep wondering who's eyes she's gonna have. I'm hoping Corbyn's." you said and she smiled, tracing her small face with her finger. More visitors came and went, both you and Corbyn's parents spending time with you in the recovery room. Everyone was in love with your daughter and although he's only been a father for a few hours, Corbyn is already extremely protective over her. The boys came to visit last so that they could spend as much time there as possible. The four of them trailed into the room, trying to be quiet as if loud noise would hurt the baby. "You look like hell." Zach chuckled, hugging Corbyn while the guys spread out around the room. "Yeah," Corbyn breathed, "I didn't do any of the hard work though. I still can't wrap my head around how she pushed a human being out of her body and is still alive right now." He gestured to you and you chuckled, sitting up with the baby in your arms. "Do you guys wanna hold her?" you asked and they all looked to each other and smiled. "Can I go first?" Jonah asked and you smiled, gesturing him to sit on the bed. You gently placed your daughter in his arms and he looked at her, his jaw dropping, and looked back to you. "Y/N, she's so beautiful." You grinned widely and reached for Corbyn's hand. "Thank you, Jo. We actually wanted to ask you something while you're here." Jonah looked at the both of you and smiled innocently. "What is it?" Corbyn kissed your hand and you leaned your head on his shoulder. "We wanted to ask you if you'd like to be her godfather." he told Jonah and Jonah was speechless. "Don't you dare drop that baby." Corbyn warned and he glared at him, "I'd love to be her godfather. Are you serious?" "100%." "Let me hold her so you can properly hug them." Jack said, taking the baby from Jonah. He hugged the both of you and kissed your cheek. "God, I remember when Lav was this small. I can't believe how much time has passed." You covered your face with your hands and laid back on the bed. "Don't even get me started. If I start thinking about how she's not gonna be this tiny forever I'm gonna cry." you laughed. The boys took turns holding your daughter and taking pictures, hanging out in the room for a while and catching you up on what you've missed in the past 36 hours.

You were going home in the morning, but for now you had to stay one more night at the hospital. You laid in the bed of the dim room, Corbyn laying next to you and your daughter laying on your chest. You cuddled up on his chest and he had one arm around you and the other resting on her small, swaddled body. "Can you believe she's ours?" you whispered and he kissed the top of your head. "Honestly, this all still feels so surreal. I can't believe we get to take her home tomorrow." he whispered back and you used your pointer finger to lightly trace her face. You felt your heart swell as she yawned, "Someone's a sleepy girl." you said and almost on cue, Corbyn yawned as well. "That's okay baby, Daddy's sleepy too. Tomorrow we can sleep all we want at home." you said softly, your eyes never leaving her adorable face. "My beautiful little girl. I can't wait to watch you grow up." he whispered. The two of you adored your baby girl, but you decided it was time to get some sleep-all of you. "C'mon. I'll put her back in the bassinet and when we wake up, we'll be going home." he said and you pouted, not wanting to put her down yet. Despite your hesitation you handed her to Corbyn and he settled her in her bassinet before laying back down next to you. "Hey," he said, putting his finger under your chin and pulling your face to his, "I'm so proud of you. Thank you for making me the luckiest man in the world." you smiled and kissed his lips. "I love you, Corbyn." you whispered and brushed your nose against his. "I love you more, and our sweet girl."