safe with me | daniel

trigger warning: mentions of dv
*this is just an imagine, but it's a real & serious topic*
dv hotline: 1-800-799-7233
my inbox is always open if anyone needs to talk

"You're being ridiculous." Daniel scoffs and you throw your arms up in protest. "Are you joking? Since when is getting upset over your boyfriend ignoring you to go to a party ridiculous, Daniel?" Daniel rubbed his eyes in frustration, "I did not ignore you! I was already at the party when you texted me and when I finally saw it you were asleep!" You shook your head and got up from the couch, walking over to go to your bedroom. "Y/N, don't walk away like that." You stopped and leaned against the wall, rolling your eyes at him. "I don't want to talk about this anymore, Daniel. I had a horrible fucking day yesterday and instead of being there for me, you were out clubbing doing god knows what!" you shouted and he stepped closer to you, his face contorting in anger. "Woah, doing god knows what? What, do you think I cheated on you or something? Are you crazy?" he yelled and you didn't know what to say. Not answering him only made him more angry, and he came closer again. "Goddamnit Y/N! Do you not trust me?!" he yelled again, and his fist hit the wall next to you. The second you saw him raise his arm, you cowered against the wall and flinched at the sound of his hand connecting with the wall. After he did that, the both of you fell silent. You stopped squeezing your eyes shut and opened them slowly, looking at Daniel. The anger showing in his face faded to sadness, disbelief. "Did you..did you think.." he said quietly, his sentence trailing off as tears formed in your eyes. He pursed his lips as his own eyes started to water and he walked backwards from you.

"Did you think I was gonna hit you?" he asked, his voice cracking. He ran his hand through his hair as you stood there in shock, not responding to him. "Baby." he pleaded and you sniffled, standing up straight. "You scared me, D." you whimpered and his shoulders relaxed. "Oh, come here." he said and wrapped his arms around you. You cried a little into his chest and he held you tighter as if you'd run away if he let go. "I would never, ever hit you. No matter how angry or upset I am. I could never hurt you. Please believe that." he begged, his voice coming out muffled as he spoke into your hair. "I believe you. I'm sorry for acting crazy." you said and he pulled back, moving his hands to your cheeks. Daniel wiped away the tear stains with his thumbs and kissed both your cheeks. Then your nose, and your forehead. "No, I'm sorry for yelling and hitting the wall. I love you. I love you so much. I promise you, you're safe with me." he said and kissed your lips. He pulled away and left another kiss on your neck. "I love you, too. Can we be done fighting now?" you said and he smiled, nodding. "Yes please." He pulled you into his chest again for another hug and you were comfortable in his arms, him rocking the two of you back and forth in the peaceful silence.

a/n:
just to restate the TW in the beginning, this is only an imagine. i don't believe that daniel seavey nor any of the boys would ever do this. this is 100% fiction.