adore you | jonah

"Walk in your rainbow paradise, strawberry lipstick state of mind; I get so lost inside your eyes, would you believe it?"

"Quit staring at me and pay attention to the movie." you said smiling, your eyes not leaving the TV screen. "How do you know I'm staring at you?" "I can feel it, you're staring." you said, turning your head slightly. Jonah was in fact staring at you, and that stupidly adorable on his face when you looked at him proved it. "I can't help it, you're just so pretty." he said, laying his head back on the pillow. Your cheeks warmed up at his compliment and you laid back next to him, rolling onto your side. "Say more." you said. Jonah wrapped his arm around you and pulled you into his side, kissing the top of your head. "You are the prettiest girl on the planet. The most beautiful, jaw-dropping, absolutely stunning—" "Alright, alright that's enough." you giggled, hiding your face in his shoulder. Jonah sighed and you looked up from his arms, "Are you tired?" you asked. He looked down at you and stared right into your eyes, a small grin forming on his lips. He didn't say anything in response to your question. Instead he just looked at you and you looked back at him. His green eyes were darker in the dim light of the bedroom but you could still see him clearly. You cracked a smile back at him and poked his cheek, "You're doing it again Jo." Before you could process what was happening you were pulled up onto Jonah's lap and he was sitting up against the headboard. You rested your hands on his stomach and shook your head at him, his hands not leaving your waist. "You make me nervous Y/N." he chuckles and you scoff at him. "Why do I make you nervous?" you asked and his hands gently squeezed your hips. Jonah avoided your gaze and kept his eyes on your hands while he face tinted pink, like he was embarrassed to explain it to you. "Not in a bad way, I don't know. Sometimes I just look at you and you look back at me and when I look at your eyes it's like I go stupid. I lose my train of thought and I get butterflies in my stomach." he said. You pouted your bottom lip at his shyness and felt butterflies erupt in your own stomach hearing him be so vulnerable and honest about how you make him feel. You moved your hands from his abdomen to his cheeks and forced him to look at you, taking notice of how warm his skin was against your cold palms. "I'll just close my eyes whenever I talk to you." you teased and he scrunched his nose, making you grin widely. "Seriously, you're adorable and I can guarantee you make me like ten times more nervous than I make you." you admitted and Jonah playfully rolled his eyes at you. "We'll just keep making each other nervous then, hm?" he said, leaning in to kiss you. You let your hands fall to his shoulders and nodded as you leaned to meet him in the middle, "Yeah, I guess we will." you mumbled against his lips as his met yours.

"You don't have to say you love me, you don't have to say nothing, you don't have to say you're mine."

Jonah handed you your coffee and cautiously sipped his to avoid burning his tongue on the hot liquid. You laced your fingers in his as the two of you walked back to his house. It was a sunny day in Los Angeles but not too hot so you decided to walk to you and Jonah's favorite coffee place instead of driving. "What do you wanna do with the rest of our day?" he asked and you furrowed your brows at him, sipping your iced coffee. "You're free all day today?" you asked, a bit surprised. He nodded happily, swinging your arms back and forth dramatically as you walked. "I am all yours today, love." he said, bringing your hand up to kiss your knuckles. You let out a squeal of excitement and let go of his hand, walking backwards in front of him. Knowing that you had a free day with Jonah gave you a sudden burst of energy. "We could go on an adventure, driving out of California or something. We could make a cake, we could go to the beach, and oh! We could go do--" you were cut off by Jonah's amused laughter, watching you intently. "What are you laughing at?" you whined and he brought his coffee to his lips, his tongue peeking out to swipe the remaining coffee from his lips. "Nothing, you're just a ball of sunshine and I love you." he said and you stopped dead in your tracks. Jonah almost tripped on the sidewalk at your sudden halt, opening his mouth to question why you did but then he realized what he said. Neither of you had said "I love you" to one another yet. You'd been officially dating for almost 5 months and you knew both of you thought about it but you were never prepared for when one of you actually said it. "Okay listen you don't have to say it back, I understand if you don't feel like you can say it back. But I'm not gonna take it back because I mean it. I do love you, Y/N." he said quickly but seriously. Jonah's palms began to sweat at your unreadable facial expression but he had no idea that you were jumping with excitement on the inside. The second your lips curled into a smile he felt his body relax. You shook your head at him and stood up on your tippy toes to kiss his cheek, "Shut up, I love you too. It's about damn time." you said teasingly but meaning all three words. Jonah let out a relieved sigh and you continued walking in front of him, pointing a finger at him and bending it back towards yourself telling him to follow you. "C'mon lover boy, we have a day to plan." you yelled and he chuckled to himself as he caught up to you. "Now I can tell you I love you all the time without freezing up every time." he said and you took his sunglasses off of his face, putting them over your eyes. "I love you, I love you, I love you." you said and he grabbed your waist with one arm, picking you up and sending you into a fit of giggles.

"Oh honey, I'd walk through fire for you; Just let me adore you like it's the only thing I'll ever do."

"I'm home!" you heard Jonah yell from the front door. You hopped out of bed and ran down the stairs like a small child, excited to see him for the first time since 9AM. It was now almost 7PM and he was standing in the living room on his phone, shoes kicked off and a takeout bag on the table. "You got us food?" you asked and he slipped his phone into his pocket, opening his arms to you. "I got your favorite." he said as he hugged you. You looked over his shoulder and frowned, pulling back from him. "You didn't have to do that." Jonah put his finger to your lips, not wanting to hear your argument. You sighed in defeat and grabbed the bag while he took the drinks, following you to the kitchen. You both put your food on plates and went out to the living room to eat, sitting on the couch and talking about your days. Once you finished eating, you set your plates on the coffee table and Jonah pulled your legs over his lap, drumming lightly on your shins. "So, I have plans for us tomorrow. Our day is starting early." he said and you narrowed your eyes at how vague he was being. Tomorrow was you and Jonah's one year anniversary and he's typically the type of boyfriend to surprise you for things, but you were not very nice in the morning so a warning the day before was necessary. "How early are we talking here?" you asked with a chuckle and Jonah winced, "Like 8ish?" You widened your eyes and threw your head back onto the arm of the couch. "Don't be a baby, it'll be a fun day I promise." he said with a smile and you lifted your head back up to see him. You couldn't help but smile back despite knowing you'd have to wake up early; it was completely worth it. "I know it will because you planned it. You're lucky I love you so much." you said half-jokingly. Jonah's fingers stilled on your shins and his eyes gazed at you, taking in the little details of your appearance. Baby hairs framing your face, the small cut on your lip where you always bite it, your torso and the tops of your thighs drowning in one of his t-shirts and your shorts hidden underneath. You took a big sip of your drink and let the straw rest against your lips as you noticed his staring. "You're doing the thing again." you pointed out and Jonah raised his eyebrows. "What thing?" "The thing where you stare at me for a little while and don't say anything." you said, biting down on your straw. The staring "thing" began early on in your relationship and even after a year, Jonah always found something to admire about you. "You should be used to me looking at you by now." he defended and you teased him a little, "I'm just afraid you won't stop until I tell you you're doing it." Jonah took your cup from your hands and put it down before laying on top of you, making you let out an 'oof' at the sudden weight on top of you. "Comfortable?" you chuckled, running your hands through his hair. He hummed and leaned forward to peck your lips. "I'm always gonna stare at you and admire every little thing about you. Even if you break my heart and never talk to me again, it's always gonna happen." he insisted. "I won't break your heart if you don't break mine." you replied and he brought his hand up between your faces, sticking out his pinky. "Are you promising not to?" you asked, bringing your hand up and linking pinkies with him. "Yes, and to adore you 'til the end of time." "I love you, you big softie." you said before kissing your thumb. Jonah did the same before kissing your lips. "I love you too, my love."