make you feel my love | jonah

based off of
'make you feel my love' by adele
tw: mentions of depression

You stared blankly at the television screen in front of you, blocking out the sounds of the boys around you playing video games. Jonah was your boyfriend of a little over a year, and he invited the guys over to hangout tonight. Unknown to everyone around you, you were not feeling your best mentally. You tried your best to stay in the living room and be social, acting as natural as possible even though all you wanted to do was go lay in bed. A hand on your leg broke you out of your trance, Jonah gently rubbed your thigh as your legs were stretched out across his lap. "Hey, you okay?" he asked and you nodded with a smile, hoping he didn't realize it was fake. "Yeah, I'm just tired. I think I'm gonna go lay down." you said. "Mm, okay." Jonah said, kissing your cheek before you went to your shared bedroom. You got under the covers and shut off the light, curling into a ball on your side of the bed. Within minutes you were crumbling, tears streaming down your cheeks and onto your pillow. You were losing interest in everything you usually loved, finding that you'd rather stay in bed all day. You weren't eating very much and you slept every chance you got. This had happened before; a period of time where you were depressed and you eventually got out of it but this was before you met Jonah. You thought that being with Jonah would help motivate you to try and get better but some days, all it did was make you feel like more of a burden. Jonah wasn't perfect but he was a naturally positive and cheerful person. You were too afraid to open up to him in a time like this, fearful that it would bring him down and eventually drive him away. You loved him so much and he loved you, but right now you felt like you were undeserving of any of that love and you couldn't shake it.

You had no idea how much time had passed but you were still awake when your bedroom door creaked open and you felt the bed shift. You wiped your eyes before rolling onto your back, seeing Jonah sitting on his side of the bed. "The boys went home." he said, crawling under the covers and laying down next to you. You looked over your shoulder at your phone to check the time. "It's only 10, I thought they'd be here longer." you said and he looked at you, concern in his eyes. "I asked them to go so I could come in here with you." You sighed, "Jonah, you didn't have to do that." "Something is wrong, I can tell. I know you like the back of my hand and I wasn't just gonna leave you in here upset all night to play video games with my friends." he insisted softly. You felt tears well back up in your eyes and you took in a shaky breath, "I'm sorry." you said barely above a whisper. Jonah turned his head to see you staring up at the ceiling, tears running down your temples. "Oh, love. No, you don't have to be sorry, come here." he said, moving over to wrap his arms around you. You curled up into his chest and sobbed into his shirt, his hands rubbing soothing circles on your back. He buried his face in your hair and left small kisses on your hairline, shushing you and telling you it was okay. Once your breathing started to slow and you weren't crying as hard, Jonah pulled away and wiped the remaining tears away from your cheeks with the pads of his thumbs. "What can I do, hm? What can I do to make it better?" he asked, his eyes searching yours for some kind of assurance that he could help. You sniffled and closed your eyes, biting your lip to fight back more tears. "Y/N, hey. Look at me." he coaxed gently and you opened your eyes, looking directly into his. "It's okay, I'm right here. I just want to help." he said and you sighed. "Can you just hold me, please?" you said, your voice small. Jonah leaned forward and kissed your forehead, pulling you into his chest. "Of course. I'm not going anywhere, okay? Just try to relax." he cooed. You were breathing deeply and listening to the sound of his heartbeat while you laid on his chest. It was helping to calm you down, along with his fingertips running up and down your back. You felt your body start to relax in his arms, the exhaustion from crying for hours starting to take over. "I love you so much." you mumbled into his shirt, your eyes burning and sure to be puffy tomorrow morning. "I love you more, baby. Go to sleep, I'll be here when you wake up."