rainy days | jack

"It's coming down pretty hard out there." Jack said, reaching over your shoulder and placing a hot cup of tea on the coffee table in front of you before sitting down next to you. You nuzzled into Jack's side as his arm wrapped around you, sighing contently while you watched fierce raindrops hit the windows. "I love when it rains. It's calming." you said and Jack turned on the TV, "I know you do. Wanna watch a movie since we're probably not leaving the house today?" he chuckled. You hummed, grabbing your mug and sipping your tea as he skimmed through the movies on the screen. You both agreed on watching a rom-com and cuddled on the couch. You loved when Jack had time off, you didn't seem him very often while he was on tour so time like this was precious to you. You snuggled into his chest, feeling his hands run softly up and down your back. A song played in the movie that he recognized and you felt his chest vibrate as he hummed along to the tune. Jack felt you smile against his chest and pulled you closer, humming the song right in your ear. It tickled and you both burst into giggles, you trying to squirm out of his tight grip around your body. "J-Jack, stop I can't breathe." you breathlessly laughed. He loosened his hold on you, letting you return to your previous position and leaning down to kiss your head. You let out a yawn and he stroked your hair, "Tired, sweetheart?" he asked and you grinned lazily, nodding your head. He rested his head against yours and turned down the volume on the TV before pulling the blanket off the side of the couch and throwing it over the two of you. "Take a nap. I'll be here when you wake up." he said quietly. You tangled in your legs with Jack's and threw your arm across his torso under the blanket, letting your body completely relax in his arms. Soon enough, you were fast asleep on his chest.

You woke up from your nap still cuddled with Jack. You noticed the movie had ended but wasn't shut off and you heard soft snores coming from the boy next to you. You chuckled softly and tried to stretch as smoothly as possible without waking Jack up. You rolled off the side of the couch, careful not to disturb him, and laid the blanket back over him. He shifted and you froze, but when he settled again and another snore left his mouth you knew he was definitely still asleep. You got up and made yourself a cup of tea, taking your time while you swirled the tea bag in the mug of hot water. You watched out the window from the kitchen, sipping your tea slowly as you paid attention to each raindrop sliding down the glass. Rain was calming to you, but you've always wanted to run around and jump in puddles while it was pouring. It was a simple and possible idea, but you just never made it happen. While Jack slept you did a few things around the house; folding laundry, doing a facemask, watching YouTube videos on your computer. You sat on your shared bed and sighed, letting your attention go back to the weather outside. You were starting to get bored when, as if he could read your mind, Jack shuffled into your room. He laid on the bed on his stomach, resting his head on your thigh. You looked down at him and smiled, running a hand through his hair. "Look who's awake!" you cooed and he yawned, drumming his fingers on your knee. "The couch was cold without you." he mumbled and you laughed, "I don't know how we both fit on that couch." He let out a chuckle and rolled over so he was looking up at you. "I'm bored." you stated plainly and he raised an eyebrow. "What do you wanna do?" he asked and you hummed, your gaze moving from your boyfriend to the window. "Can we go play in the rain?" you asked. "Like, jump around in the puddles and stuff?" he replied and you nodded. Jack shrugged and stood up from the bed, offering his hand to you. "Okay, let's go." You took his hand excitedly and the two of you put on boots and jackets before heading outside. It was still coming down hard, but it wasn't anything close to a dangerous storm. You were like a small child, your hood hung over your head as you skipped around the sidewalks to jump into the puddles. Jack stood off to the side at first watching you, an amused but adoring smile on his face. You jumped in a rather large puddle and the splash soaked your leggings. You gasped and laughed, looking at Jack. "C'mon babe it's fun!" you squealed and all he did was laugh before running up to you and jumping in the puddle next to you. You and Jack spent an easy 20 minutes jumping in puddles, playing tag in the rain and laughing until you were sopping wet. Somewhere along the way your hood had fallen down but you didn't care. Once you stilled Jack put his hands on your cheeks, trying to warm them up. He moved strands of your wet hair out of your face and you hummed at the feeling of his warm hands on your cold skin. You wiped a few raindrops from his face, booping his nose afterwards. "You are by far the cutest person ever." he said, shaking his head. You gave him an innocent look and shrugged. He leaned in and pressed a kiss to your lips. You kissed back, putting your hands on his sides and leaning into him. Once you broke for air, the rain started to slow and you pouted, sad that it was over. Jack mimicked your pout before quickly kissing your lips once more. "How about we go dry off and watch another movie?" he suggested and you narrowed your eyes. "Will you make popcorn?" you asked and he grabbed both your hands, slowly walking you towards the front door. "Yes, baby, I will make us popcorn." he agreed and you smiled, "Then I'm in." The rest of the day into the night consisted of you and Jack doing nothing but watching movies and cuddling; it was a simple rainy day but a perfect one.

a/n:
not really a huge fan of how this turned out, but i like the concept & i hope all you jack stans like it :')