constellations | corbyn

You dropped your pencil onto your notebook, leaning back in your chair to stretch out your legs. You'd been doing your english homework for the past three hours and it was nearing 1 in the morning. It wasn't due 'til Monday, but being the hyper productive student that you were (once in a while) you wanted to get your work done on this boring Saturday night. You sighed, shaking off the cramp in your hand and getting back to work. Just as you started getting back into it, you heard taps at your window. It startled you, no one was awake and your block was usually dead silent at this time of night. You stood from your chair and walked over to the window, pulling the curtain. You were met with the harsh tap of a rock that would've hit you straight in the nose had there not been a window in between. Relief then confusion washed over your face when you saw who'd been throwing them, your boyfriend Corbyn. You slid the window up and leaned on your forearms, chuckling and shaking your head at him. "You know you have a phone, right?" you teased and he shrugged, a toothy grin on his face. "I figured this would be more romantic." You rolled your eyes, "What are you doing here? It's like one in the morning and I have english homework." Corbyn put his hands on his hips and clicked his tongue at you, "Y/N Y/L/N, doing homework on a Saturday night instead of hanging out with her favorite guy." he said and you looked around him. "Um, I don't see Daniel anywhere?" you joked and he dramatically clutched his chest, pretending to walk back to his car. "Hold it Besson, I'm just messing with you." you said, holding back a smile. "You came here in the middle of the night to hangout?" you asked and he nodded, "Sort of? Come out here, we're going for a drive." Before you could protest, he pointed a finger at you, "You can slip out without them noticing, c'mon. It'll be fun." You sighed, smiling at him. "Fine, but if I get caught, I'm blaming you." you said, leaning back into your room to shut the window. "Works for me, pretty girl." he smirked, getting into his car.

You got in and kicked your feet up onto the dashboard. Corbyn started the car and off you were to a destination unknown to you. "Cute slippers, babe." he commented, referring to the bunny slippers on your feet. You slid your feet off the dash and blushed, shoving his arm. "Shut up, nice Batman pajamas." you teased back, him scoffing as he pulled at his pants. "These, are the most comfortable things I've ever worn thank you very much." he said. You giggled and kissed his cheek from the passenger seat, "You're a dork. Where are we going?" you asked. Corbyn smiled and shook his head, "You'll see." You decided to give up on trying to figure it out, instead just settled into your seat and turned up the music. The two of you screamed out the lyrics to your favorite songs, singing to each other and dancing in your seats while Corbyn drove down the empty streets.

After about 20 minutes of driving, Corbyn pulled into a random parking lot and shut the car off. "We're here." he said, rubbing his hands together. "We're, where?" you said, chuckling. "Just come on." he said, grabbing a blanket that he had in the backseat and got out of the car, waiting for you to follow him. You got out and grabbed his hand, walking into the cold grass of the large field in front of the parking lot. He stopped in his tracks, laying the blanket down in front of you. Without saying a word, he laid down on the blanket and patted the spot next to him, "Lay with me." You didn't question it and laid next to him, cuddling up to his side. He raised his arm up and started pointing out the stars above you two. "You see the little dipper?" he whispered, leaning into you. "Yeah babe, it's pretty. It's always the first one I see when I look up at the stars." A comfortable silence fell over the two of you, Corbyn pointing out a few constellations or really bright stars here and there. "I love looking at the stars. It blows my mind that we're just a tiny part of such a huge galaxy. Doesn't that weird you out? Like, we're such a small portion of space, y'know?" he gushed, genuinely amazed. "It's really cool but also very scary," you laugh, "I think about it a lot too. Do you believe in aliens?" A breeze comes past and leaves goosebumps on your skin, causing Corbyn to pull you closer to him. "I don't know about aliens, but there's definitely something else out there." "Agreed." You rolled onto your side and rested your arm on Corbyn's chest, smiling at him. Without fail, he smiled back, eyes sparkling even in the dark. "What?" he asked and you scrunched your nose. "Wanna know how much I love you?" "How much?" "I love you as much as you love the stars." He fake gasped and you giggled again, "I love you more than I love the stars." he whispered. Your smile turned from an amused, cheeky grin to soft and adoring. Corbyn reached up and tucked your hair behind your ear, letting his finger trace your cheek and landing under your chin. He sat up a little more and pulled you closer, kissing your lips softly. You felt him smile into the kiss and couldn't help but do the same, pecking his lips once more before pulling away. "I wish we could stay here all night." you pouted and he tapped your nose. "Me too, but I've gotta get you home." You laid back down next to him, burying your face in his sweatshirt. "Five more minutes?" you pleaded and he wrapped his arms around you. "Only for you, pretty girl."