baby fever | daniel

Touring with your boyfriend of three years Daniel's band, Why Don't We, was an interesting experience. Days were full of interviews and photoshoots and constant running around, but it was amazing. You got to travel around the world with your favorite guy and his best friends who became brothers to you, watching them go up on stage nearly every night. Seeing Daniel on stage was one of your favorite things, he looked so genuinely happy and watching him perform his heart out brought a smile to your face each night. In the beginning weeks of the tour, you found ways to occupy yourself during meet and greets. Not because of jealousy--at the end of the day, you got to have Daniel to yourself--but because you wanted to give their fans private personal time to spend with the boys. They adored the Limelights so much and seeing meet and greet pictures on your timeline made you happy.

Today's show was in Cincinnati and the boys were on the bus getting ready for the meet and greet. As per usual, you got comfortable in Daniel's bunk with a book to read while you waited for them to get back. The curtain slid open and Daniel's head poked through the side. "Whatcha doin'?" he asked and you turned on your side to face him. "Reading. I need to pass the time while you're gone somehow." you shrugged. "Why don't you come with us today? None of the boys mind and the fans love you. Plus you'll be able to watch me make a fool of myself with these fan request poses." he said with a chuckle and you laughed. "Daniel, it's okay. I don't wanna intrude on their time with you." you responded and he stuck his bottom lip out at you. "Please, Y/N? For me?" he pleaded, his big blue eyes staring back at yours. You sighed and closed your book, swinging your legs out of the bunk. "Fine, since you're so cute." you said and he smiled, pecking your cheek. "Let's go guys!" Zack yelled from the bus door and you all filed out into the building through a back door to avoid getting mobbed by teenage girls waiting outside. You walked in to the big room with their backdrop set up and a line of fans waiting excitedly to see the boys. The second they stepped into their view, the room erupted with screams and squeals. You smiled at their excitement and waved at a few girls who called your name. You sat off in the corner a distance from the set up and watched as groups took pictures and talked with the boys. It warmed your heart to see how overjoyed they were, their reactions were so pure.

One group in particular caught your attention and you stood up from your seat, walking over closer to the backdrop. A group of three or four small children wearing Why Don't We merchandise came up to the boys with their parents, giddy as can be to see them. One little girl seemed to be a bit more nervous than the rest of the kids, forcing her mom to hold her and walk her over to the boys. Daniel spotted her and approached the mom, saying hello before turning his attention to the girl. "Hi sweetie, what's your name?" he said kindly, a bright smile plastered on his face. Her small cheeks blushed and she waved, "Natalie." Daniel gasped and poked her side, "That's such a pretty name! I'm Daniel." he said and she nodded quickly. "I know. You're my favorite." she said shyly and your heart was bursting in your chest. "Aw, you're so sweet. Can I have a hug?" Daniel asked and Natalie looked to her mom, smiling wide and leaning over arms open towards Daniel. He scooped her up in his arms and she wrapped her little arms around his neck. Daniel rocked her back and forth, kissing the side of her head. She didn't seem to want to let go and Daniel chuckled, signaling to her mother that it was perfectly okay. "Hey, wanna go take a picture?" he said in her ear and she said yes. He took her over to the rest of the boys talking to the kids so they could snap a few pictures of all of them. Once the pictures were done, Natalie still didn't want to let go so an idea popped into Daniel's head. "Natalie, can I introduce you to someone?" he asked and she nodded, resting her head on his shoulder. Daniel rubbed her back and walked over to you, grinning from ear to ear. Natalie lifted her head up and waved at you, "Natalie, this is my girlfriend Y/N." Daniel said. "Hi, honey. It's nice to meet you." you said sweetly and she smiled. "Wanna hear a secret?" you whispered. "Yes!" she whisper-yelled back and you leaned in closer to her. "Daniel's my favorite too, but we can share him if you want." you said quietly and winked at her, rubbing her hand with your thumb. She gasped and smiled, bursting into a fit of giggles causing you and Daniel to look at her in awe. "She's really pretty." Natalie tried to whisper to Daniel and he nodded at her, "I know." he said. You exchanged a smile before Daniel brought Natalie back to her mother and went on with the rest of the meet and greet.

Later that night, your heart was still racing. You couldn't stop thinking about Daniel and Natalie; how adorable their interaction was, how good he was with her. You were sitting alone in the back of the bus, the TV playing quietly in the background to fill the silence while you daydreamed about future kids. Daniel came back and sat down next to you, swinging his arm over your shoulders. You moved your legs to rest over his and he kissed your head, "You seem like you've got something on your mind." he mumbled into the side of your hair. You hummed, taking his hand in yours and playing with the rings on his fingers. "Do you want kids?" you asked and his response was immediate. "Yeah, do you?" You smiled, "Yeah, yeah I do. I want them with you." you said quietly and he looked you in the eyes, biting his lip. "Oh? Where's this coming from?" he asked and you ran your thumb over his cheek. "I've always thought about it, but watching you with the little limelights today just confirmed it for me. It was the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Plus, we'd make really pretty babies." you added with a laugh and Daniel leaned in to kiss you. "Yes we would," he said as he pulled back, "I'd love to have kids with you." You felt warmth spread all throughout your body and you nuzzled your head into the crook of Daniel's neck. "I love you so much, baby." he sighed and you closed your eyes, the exhaustion from the day taking over you. "I love you too." A few moments of comfortable silence went by before either of you spoke again. "They'll be able to play guitar by three years old." Daniel said and you smacked his leg, earning a chuckle from him.