medicine | zach

"Thank you, have a good night!" you said as the last customer finally left the restaurant. You sighed in relief, thankful that your work day was finally over. You finished wiping off the counter and shut off the neon lights, locking the door on your way out. You got into your car and started the drive home, feet aching and ready for a shower. The radio cut off and was replaced by the ring of your phone. You pressed accept on the bluetooth expecting a hello from your boyfriend, Zach, but instead you were met with a harsh cough. "Uh oh, you're sick aren't you?" you said and you could hear the pout forming on his lips. "I feel like shit." he said, his voice hoarse. "Did you take any medicine?" you asked and got nothing but silence. "Zach." you scolded. "It tastes like garbage, Y/N!" he whined and you chuckled. "I just got off work, I'm on my way over. When I get there you're taking that medicine." you said firmly and he sighed. "Fine, fine! Thank you, I love you." "Love you more, see you soon."

You pulled into the parking garage of Zach's apartment complex and slid your key past the scanner to let yourself in the building. You opened Zach's door and all of the lights were off. You dropped your bag onto the kitchen counter and made your way to the bedroom, dim light shining underneath the door. You opened it to find Zach cuddled up under his comforter. His hair was a mess, his nose was bright red and his eyes looked more sunken in. You stuck your bottom lip out and walked over to him, putting the back of your hand on his forehead. "You're definitely warm, have you slept at all today?" you asked. He shook his head, "I've taken like, fifteen minute naps but I can't stay asleep. How was work?" You sat down on the edge of his bed, running your fingers through his hair. "It was really busy but I made it out alive," you dryly laughed, "how about we get you into the shower and I'll clean up a little bit, it might help?" you suggested. "That sounds nice, thank you." he whispered and got up to stretch, trudging over to the bathroom. You heard the shower turn on and his clothes hit the floor, so you stripped his bed. You threw his sheets into the laundry hamper and went in the closet to get a fresh set to put on. You made his bed but left the comforter loose so he could get back in after his shower. After picking up some clothes and organizing a little bit in his room, you went into the kitchen to grab him a bottle of water and some graham crackers. You also went into the medicine cabinet to grab that medicine he hated so much, but he knew you didn't play around. When you got back to his room, Zach was sitting on his bed. He looked a bit more refreshed but you could tell the hot shower only did so much. "Here, take the medicine and chase it with the water." you told him, handing them to him. Zach glared up at you and you stood still, not budging. He took a deep breath and took the medicine, chugging some water afterwards. "Ugh," he groaned, "I hate being sick." You placed your hand on his forehead again, "You're still really warm. My poor Zachary Dean." you said sweetly but also mocking him a little bit. "Can we lay down please?" he said in more of a whimper than a whisper. You mouthed back a 'sure' and climbed under his blanket, letting Zach lay on top of you. You ran your fingers through his damp hair and gently scratched his scalp to relax him. Zach sure knew how to flaunt his stuff on stage, but when it came to him being sick or just needing attention in general, he was extremely clingy. You loved it though, you didn't mind cuddling up with him one bit. "Will you stay with me tonight?" he mumbled sleepily. You smiled even though he couldn't see it and kissed the top of his head. "Yes, I'll be here all night and when you wake up tomorrow. Get some sleep now, okay?" you cooed and he snuggled in closer to you. "I love you, Y/N." he breathed and within seconds he was asleep. "I love you too." you whispered.

The next morning you woke up with Zach still attached to your chest, snoring softly. You rubbed his back and his eyes fluttered open. "Morning. How're you feeling?" you asked. Zach rolled over and stretched his limbs before relaxing again on his side of the bed. "I feel a lot better." he said, looking to you. You pointed a finger at him and poked his cheek, "I told you! As much as you hate it, the medicine works." Zach rolled his eyes and moved up to kiss your cheek, "Or maybe you're my medicine." "Aren't you romantic." "The charm never gets sick, doll." You scrunched your nose and he laughed, "You're adorable. Thank you for staying with me." he said. You leaned forward and kissed his nose, "Anytime, bub."