you're mine | daniel

You picked through the clothing racks as your boyfriend, Daniel, sorted through the rack's of men's clothing. The two of you decided to have a shopping date and you were currently in your fifth store of the trip. "Babe, come look at this." you said loudly, motioning for him to come over to you. You showed him a sweater you were indecisive about and he looked at it carefully, "Buy it. I like this color on you." he said and you bit your lip, "Would it look good on me though?" you questioned. Daniel shook his head and crossed his arms, "You look good in anything, but I'm pretty good at this fashion stuff so I'd say you buy it." You rolled your eyes jokingly at him and his "fashion knowledge" he claimed to have. You decided to get it and made your way over to the register. You were walking towards the counter when you bumped into someone, dropping the bag in your hand. "Oh, I'm really sorry." they said and your eyes widened, "Connor?" The boy you bumped into looked up and mirrored your expression. "No way, Y/N?!" You laughed and hugged him, pulling back to look at him again. "I haven't seen you in like what, three years?" you said and he nodded, "Yeah, wow! That's crazy, how've you been?" Before you could answer, Daniel appeared at your side and looked between you and the mystery boy. "Hey, did you check out yet? Oh, who's this?" he asked. "Daniel, this is Connor. He was one of my best friends during college and he just bumped into me. Connor, this is my boyfriend Daniel." The boys shook hands and said hello to each other, a hint of authority in Daniel's voice. An awkward silence fell over the three of you and you felt Daniel's arm snake around your waist. "Well, I'll let you get back to shopping, but it was so nice seeing you! Let's go grab lunch or something soon!" Connor said. "Yes, totally. See ya!" you responded and checked out at the store.

The car ride home was strange. Daniel didn't say much to you and if he did, it was short responses. Once you reached a red light, you put your finger under his chin and turned his head to look at you. "Why are you pouting right now?" Daniel scoffed, "I'm not pouting. I don't know what you're talking about." You gave him an unamused look and slumped back in your seat. Suddenly, the dots connected in your head: he was jealous. You started to laugh, quietly and to yourself, but you let it get louder. Daniel sighed and looked over to you, "What is so funny?" "You were jealous." "Of what?" "Of Connor!" He shifted in his seat and tried to play it off, "I was not jealous of him." You narrowed your eyes at him and you could see his cheeks turning pink. Daniel felt you staring and finally gave in. "Okay, yeah! Fine, I was jealous." he said, throwing his hands up in defeat. You chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. "Oh, Daniel." you sighed dramatically, "You're adorable." He groaned and pouted again, proving your point even further. "You know you have nothing to be worried about." you pointed out and he looked at you, "I know, but it's just, I don't know." he said. You pressed him to explain more, "It's what?" "It's just, you're mine. And I worry that someone will swoop in one day and you won't be mine anymore. I mean, obviously I trust you and I don't like, own you or anything but—" "Daniel." you cut off his nervous rambling.  The worry in his voice made your heart ache a little, but you also could feel yourself falling more in love with this boy. "Love, there isn't a single person on this planet that could take me from you." He looked over to you slightly, trying to keep his eyes on the road. "Promise?" "I promise, I'm all yours." Daniel smiled and grabbed your hand, bringing it to his lips to kiss your knuckles. "I love you." "I love you too. And I can always tell when you're pouting, you can't fool me." you said proudly.