for me | jonah

"Hello?" you said groggily, running a hand over your face. "Can you come over?" Zach asked from the other side of the phone. He sounded frantic and concerned. "Zach, it's like 2 in the morning. What do you need?" you yawned and he sighed, pulling the phone from his ear. You could hear muffled shouting and incoherent mumbling. "Okay, okay! She's on the phone right now." Zach yells and he comes back to the phone. "Look I'm sorry, but some people commented and tweeted about Jonah's picture of the two of you and they said some nasty things." he explained and you rolled your eyes, "Yeah, I ignore those. What does that have to do with why you need me at the house?" "Well," he swallowed, "Jonah saw them. A bunch of them, and he's been going off for hours. He saw them while we were out so he's a little buzzed and really pissed. He won't settle down no matter what we say to him." You sat up in bed and grabbed the nearest sweater to go over your top. "Okay, I'll be there soon." you said and hung up. Jonah wasn't usually the type to get very angry or aggressive, but when it came to sensitive subjects like his family or you, he can get really fired up.

You drove over quickly due to the lack of traffic in the middle of the night and parked your car, your slippers sliding against the concrete. You opened the door and quickly shut it, not realizing how chaotic the situation really was. "Oh thank god, she's here." Corbyn slurred from his spot on the couch. His eyes were closed and his shoes were still on; someone was really enjoying being 21. "Where's Jonah?" you asked the rest of the boys and they pointed up the stairs. "He was down here a few minutes ago, screaming and shouting about those tweets." Daniel said. "Yeah, he looked like he was ready to start throwing shit." Zach exhaled and you took a deep breath. "He'll be fine. Toss me a water." you said and opened your hand to Daniel who threw you a bottle. You smiled at him and jogged up the stairs to Jonah's room. You knocked on the door lightly, "It's me. Can you open the door?" you said.

"It's open." he said coldly and you pushed it open, Jonah pacing back and forth across his room. "Zach called me. He told me what happened." you said, walking past him and sitting on his bed. He scoffed and shook his head, grabbing a throw pillow and whipping it at the closet doors. "It's disgusting." he dryly laughed, "The way these people who are supposed to support me talk about you. No one who really loves me or the band would ever say anything like that about you. It just makes me so fucking mad and I can't ever do anything about it because it would only make it worse." he said, his voice strained and angry and his volume growing louder. You sat up on your knees, watching him walk around the room. "Come here." you said, reaching your hand out to his. He moved his arm and didn't look at you, his chest rising and falling quickly. "Jonah. I'm serious." you said and he stopped, turning around slowly. He walked over to you and stood in front of you, his face flushed and his breathing still heavy. "Look at me." you said quietly and when he didn't, you put your hands on his cheeks. "Jonah, take a deep breath." you coaxed and you felt his jaw clench. You leaned forward and kissed his lips, kissing his nose after. "For me, please? I'll do it with you. In," you said and inhaled deeply, "and out." you exhaled. He mimicked your actions and slowly started to calm down. You let your hands fall down to his chest, rubbing his torso to his shoulders soothingly.

"Thank you." he said quietly and he kissed your forehead. "I'm sorry for getting so angry. It's really hard to see that stuff and not react." he said against your skin. "I know, but please don't let it get to you. I'm yours and I'm happy. I love you Jo and nothing any of those horrible people say can change how I feel." you said and he pulled away to look you in the eyes. "I love you so much, you know that?" he said as he tucked some hair behind your ear. You smiled and brought his hand up to your lips to kiss his knuckles. "I do know that. Now, go downstairs and thank the boys for being patient with you." you said and he whined, pulling you closer to him. "Nope," you protested, "I'm not cuddling with you until you're forgiven." you said, pushing him jokingly. He walked out of the room with a huff, but winked at you just as he left. You chuckled and shook your head, Such a dork.