wildflower | daniel

"I hear you callin' out my name, I love the sound, I love the taste; And I can see it in your face, you've got a side you can't explain."

"Daniel!" you shouted breathlessly in between giggles as his hands gripped your sides, his fingers tickling you and not letting up. You pushed his chest in an attempt to stop him but he was hovering over you on the couch and he was stronger than you. "Daniel, I-I can't breathe!" you laughed, squirming away from his hands as he finally let go. He laid on top of you as you caught your breath, smiling innocently. You narrowed your eyes at him and ran your hand through his hair, "You're evil." you said. Daniel smirked and pushed himself up to kiss you. It started out soft and you were enjoying the feeling of his lips against yours until he started to tickle you again, causing you to yelp and smile into the kiss. "Daniel Seavey," you said against his lips, "you better stop." This time he gave up quicker and sighed as he pulled back. "I just really like the way my name sounds when you say it." he said, his face serious but he had a playful look in his eye. "Let's do something fun." you said. "Like what?" Daniel asked, lacing your fingers with his. "We could go on a road trip." you suggested and he chuckled at you. "A road trip to where?" he asked and you shrugged, "Anywhere we want. We could grab some blankets and buy some food, get in the car and just drive until we get somewhere." Daniel scrunched his eyebrows and looked at you doubtfully but you shook his bicep. "Come on," you whined, "it'll be fun! A last minute road trip, just you and me." You gave Daniel your best puppy dog eyes and he cracked a smile, rolling off of you and standing up next to the couch. "Let's go grab some blankets." he said and your eyes widened, "Wait, really?" you asked with a smile. Daniel returned the smile and nodded, "Yes, let's go." You jumped off the couch and practically skipped up the stairs to get blankets, making Daniel laugh at you as he walked after you. "You're crazy, babe." "No, I'm spontaneous." you said with a cheeky smirk on your face.

"You're the only one who makes me, every time we; Tell you what I like, my wildflower."

Daniel had been driving for around 45 minutes and damn, he looked good while he drove. Both of your windows were down, blowing his hair in different directions. His sunglasses sat on the bridge of his nose, one hand on the steering wheel and the other resting on your thigh. You leaned back in your seat and let the breeze hit your face, your hand hanging out the window and feet kicked up on the dashboard. Daniel's phone was connected to the radio and blasting music as you drove down the highway, enjoying the views as you passed them. You'd made it out of the immediate city and you were starting to see longer stretches of the ocean, a few beaches and trees. It was blissful to just be in the car, driving with no destination and you were pretty proud of yourself for the idea. "Where should we stop first, m'lady?" Daniel asked and you took his sunglasses from his face and put them on yourself. "Wherever we want! I want to go somewhere pretty." you said, a bright smile on your face and he chuckled, looking at you with his bottom lip between his teeth before turning back to the road. "This field coming up here looks pretty." he pointed out, a large field with what looked like flowers scattered around it ahead of you. You raised your eyebrows and agreed with him, "Looks like we have our first stop!" Daniel pulled off the highway into a small gravel lot near the field, shutting off the car. You got out and stretched your legs as you waited for Daniel to come around the car. He reached for your hand and you locked your fingers with his, walking towards the open field together. It wasn't a super exciting place; all the two of you did was walk around and look at how pretty the flowers were and enjoy how little city noise there was. While you were paying attention to the scenery, Daniel was paying attention to you. He followed a few feet behind you as you explored and admired you. The way your hair was messy from the wind, the soft smile on your face, the way your skin glowed in the sunlight. When you said his name, he felt like he was hearing it in slow motion, The way his name fell from your lips so perfectly—it gave him butterflies every time. No one else could make him feel the way you did. "Daniel." you said again, amused by how deep in thought he was. His blue eyes snapped up to yours and he blushed, "Yes, baby?" "Are you having fun?" you teased, turning back around and continuing to walk through the grass. As you walked Daniel picked a few of the flowers and snuck up behind you, picking you up by your waist. You gasped before giggling, lifting your feet off the ground and letting him carry you. He set you back down and spun you around, holding the makeshift bouquet of wildflowers out to you. "You picked me flowers?" you said with a pout and Daniel kissed your pouted lips. "They're not as pretty as you, but pretty enough to give to you." he said with a smile and you felt your cheeks flush. "I love you." you said and he brushed pieces of your hair from your face, "I love you too, my wildflower."

"You know you are my favorite fantasy, a fatal love song; Waterfall is overflowin'."

The sun had set and the highway was lit by dim streetlights and the headlights of passing cars. Daniel insisted to drive the both of you home even though after the field, you'd ended up almost two hours away. You reclined the passenger seat and wrapped one of the blankets around your curled up body, holding one of Daniel's hands in yours. You spread his fingers apart and spun his rings around, paying attention to the detail of them like you haven't seen them hundreds of times before. You traced the lines across his palm up to his fingers, rubbing your thumb against his calloused fingertips. Daniel didn't mind it whatsoever, he loved that you paid special attention to every part of him. You were in love with him, every part of him--down to the smallest wrinkles on his skin. "You know how in 'The Fault in Our Stars', he tells Hazel Grace that it'd be a privilege to have his heart broken by her?" you said in the midst of the music playing in the car. "Mhm." Daniel hummed and you bit the inside of your cheek. "That's how I feel about you." you said and he turned his head to you for a second. "Do you think I'm gonna break your heart?" he chuckled, finding your statement cute but slightly concerning. "No," you shook your head, "but if you did, I think I'd still love you. Like, even if our entire relationship went to shit, I'd love you forever. That's what I mean by that." you explained. Daniel regained control of his hand and grabbed yours, bringing it up to his lips to kiss your knuckles while he drove. "I'm never gonna break your heart, I promise. You're a walking dream Y/N. Literally everything I could dream of in a person, you are. And you love me. So you don't have to worry about our relationship going to shit." he said, his tone serious but very passionate at the same time. You smiled shyly as you stared at him, concentrated on his features while he was staring at the road. "I can feel you staring at me." he smiled, a light laugh leaving his lips. "I just adore you. You make my heart full." you said, reaching over to tap his nose. Daniel felt like his heart was about to beat out of his chest. "You're being very cute right now but I know you're exhausted." Daniel said and you cuddled further into the seat. "Maybe." you said trying to be funny, but ended up yawning and proving his point. "I'll wake you up when we get home." he said, blindly reaching over to stroke your cheek. You mumbled an 'okay' and let yourself relax from your long day while Daniel smiled uncontrollably, trying to keep his mind focused on driving instead of his beautiful girl sleeping in the seat next to him.

a/n:
this is so soft i'm hurt by it & i wrote it
stream CALM by 5sos
xoxo