fallin' all in you | daniel

based off of
'fallin' all in you' by shawn mendes

"Good morning." Daniel said when you appeared in the kitchen of his house and you groaned in response. "Oh, morning. My head is killing me." you said, rubbing your temples. Daniel pointed to the bottle of aspirin next to a water bottle he put on the counter for you. "I left that out in case you woke up before me." he said, pouring his cereal into a bowl. "You're being nice." you said suspiciously, taking the aspirin and washing it down with the water. "I'm a nice guy." he said with a smirk, turning to lean on the counter and eating his cereal. "It's weird." you said, a small smile on your face and he shook his head. You and Daniel had been friends with benefits for almost 4 months now and had previously agreed on a no-strings-attached situation. Sometimes, like this morning, he did small but kind things for you that made you question that agreement. "Sorry I slept over again, I know that's usually a no-go but I was way too drunk to go home." you said and he swatted his hand at you. "Don't worry about it. I honestly don't mind when you spend the night." You raised an eyebrow, shocked by his response. You and Daniel didn't have sleepovers, he said that he liked to sleep alone. "Since when?" you asked and he shrugged. "I don't know, I kind of like waking up next to you. It's nice." His words made your face flush, but he was so focused on his cereal that you hoped he wouldn't notice it. You felt your palms start to sweat a bit and you debated telling him that you really liked sleeping over. Waking up on his bare chest, the sun beaming in his room and the color of his pale blue eyes when he first opens them. Stop, you thought, he doesn't feel that way about you. Don't start thinking about him like this. "I think you're turning soft, Seavey." you chuckled and he scoffed. "Am not." "You so are." "Shut up." "Make me." you said, a small smirk on your lips. Daniel looked up at you and bit his lip. He slowly put his bowl down on the counter and walked over to you, not stopping until your noses were almost touching. "What?" he whispered and you leaned over to whisper in his ear, "I said, make me." Suddenly your feet were off the ground and your legs were wrapped around his waist, the both of you on your way back up to his bedroom.

"Can you pick me up?" Daniel asked from the other end of the call. "It's late, where are you? Where's Corbyn?" you said, your voice still raspy from the good sleep his call woke you up from. "He's still inside, we're at the bar down the street from his place. I just don't wanna be here anymore. Y/N, please." he pleaded and you sighed, rolling out of bed. "Yeah, I'm on my way." You drove about fifteen minutes to where he was, pulling over to the curb. You saw him standing outside the bar on the sidewalk, his charisma not showing through like it usually did. Daniel got in the car and didn't say a word, just silently putting on his seatbelt. You sat in awe until he finally acknowledged you and said, "What are you waiting for?" You scoffed, "D, you can't just wake me up at two in the morning to do you a favor and then act like an asshole." He sighed, adjusting the hat on his head. "Alright, I'm sorry. I'm just not feeling my best right now. Everyone else was out or asleep, I had to call you." You chewed on your cheek, turning the music up and driving off. It started as a mostly silent ride, but he perked up a bit more and started talking to you. "You look cute." he said, his eyes glued to the game he was playing on his phone. You rolled your eyes, stopping at a red light. "Very funny, I wasn't exactly dressed to be leaving the house." "I'm being genuine. You're cute, in your pajamas." he said and you whipped your head to the side to look at him. He wasn't looking at you, but you couldn't stop staring, wondering if he was feeling the same things as you were. You didn't even notice the light change. "It's green." he chuckled, picking his head up and leaning it against the headrest. You turned back to the road ahead of you and bit your lip, fighting back a smile. "You're doing it again." "Doing what again?" "Being nice." He laughed to himself, fiddling with the rings on his fingers. "Sometimes I wanna do a lot more than nice to you." he said. You gasped and shoved his arm, "Daniel!" "Ah, damn!" he said, rubbing his arm. "That didn't even hurt." you said. After a few moments of silence he spoke up again. He mumbled something under his breath. "Hm?' you hummed. "I didn't mean it like that." You felt your adrenaline start to pump and you grew nervous to hear his next words. "What did you mean then?" you asked. Daniel sighed shakily, shifting in his seat so he was sitting up straight. "The past few weeks I've just been thinking, and I've closed myself off to every girl in my life except you. I never wanted a relationship because I was afraid of fucking it up, so when you were down for no feelings I felt good about it. But now I don't. I want more, I guess." he explained and you were speechless. Was he even sober? Was he really admitting this to you? Do you tell him how you feel? "Daniel.." "I-If you don't feel the same I get it. We talked about this before and-" "So do I." you blurted out, wanting to let him know you felt the same but struggling to find the words. "You want more? Like a relationship?" he asked, surprised. "Yes," you said, "I've been thinking about it a lot too. I never wanted to say anything because I figured you didn't feel the same." After you admitted that, Daniel went from timid and nervous to cheerful, a bright grin on his face. "What?" he chuckled, "I've been falling for you for weeks. How didn't you notice?" Your jaw dropped slightly and you chuckled, "Weeks, huh?" "Shut it." he warned jokingly. You pulled into his driveway and parked the car, resting your chin in your palm over the center console. He just stared at you for a moment, a small smile on his face. "Wanna stay over?" "As your girlfriend or your hookup buddy?" "As my girlfriend." he assured, rubbing your arm. "Then I'd love to."

"D! Come help me with this box!" you said, kicking your shoes off at his front door. Daniel came around the corner and kissed your head, lifting the heavy box onto the table for you. "You're the best." you said innocently, and he leaned in for a kiss. You put your finger to his lips and leaned back giggling. "You may be the best but you're sweaty." Daniel tickled your sides and you squirmed, giving him enough time to peck you on the lips. "I'm sweaty from moving all of your stuff." he teased, putting his hands on his hips. "How did you fit all of that in a one bedroom apartment?" he asked and you shrugged, "You're the one who asked me to move in." you teased back and he chuckled, shaking his head. Daniel stepped away from you but held onto your hand, spinning you around. You looked at him confused; he was just staring at you head to toe, smiling at you. "What are you looking at?" you asked and he looked you in the eye. "You. I'm happy that you're here." You pouted your lips, walking towards him and wrapping your arms around his torso. "I'm happy I'm here too. Thanks for breaking your own agreement and falling love with me." you said, kissing his cheek. He playfully rolled his eyes, cupping your jaw so he could kiss you. "I think I might be dreaming." he said, then kissed you again. "But I don't wanna wake up yet," another kiss. "So I'm just gonna keep doing this until I do." You couldn't stop smiling as he kissed you over and over, moving to kiss all around your face. "Can we take a break? I'm ready for a nap." Daniel said, looking at you with his bright blue eyes. You chuckled at his cuteness, nodding. "Yeah, c'mon." The two of you walked to your now shared bedroom and got into bed, Daniel laying on his back and pulling you into his chest. You laid your head on his chest and he rested his chin on the top of your head, your legs tangling with one another's. You felt a low vibration as he started to hum the tune of a song, running his fingers through your hair. "I like listening to your heartbeat," you lazily said, "it's soothing." Daniel kissed the crown of your head and ran his fingertips from your scalp down to your lower back, resting his hand there under your shirt. "I'm in love with you, Y/N." he randomly said and you lifted your head up, leaning back to see his face. His eyes were closed, him being too tired to keep them open any longer. You smiled to yourself, pressing a kiss to his jawline before settling back on his chest. "I'm in love with you too." you whispered to him, assuming he had fallen asleep. Little did you know, he was still awake to hear you say it back to him. He felt butterflies erupt in his stomach, your words giving him a feeling that he never thought he'd get to experience. With you, Daniel found himself becoming more caring and attentive. You brought out the best in him and even though falling in love scared the hell out of him, knowing that you were falling right there with him made all of his fears disappear.