lover of mine | jonah

"Dance around the living room, lose me in the sight of you; I've seen the red, I've seen the blue, take all of me."

You laid with Jonah on the couch, your back pressed to his chest under a blanket. You were practically laying on him because of how small the space was. The two of you were just cuddling and talking while music played from Jonah's speaker quietly throughout the room. Jonah propped his head up with his elbow, his free hand stroking your hair behind your ear. "I like this playlist you picked." you hummed, both in appreciation for the music and him playing with your hair. "Thank you baby." he said, kissing the back of your head. You heard the beginning of 'Sparks' by Coldplay begin to play and you let out a small gasp, a smile following it. "I love this song." you said happily and you felt the vibration of Jonah's chuckle on your back. "I know you do, that's why it's in this playlist." he said and you blush. "I've always wanted to dance to this song. Like slow dance around a room to it, it's just perfect for it." you said, and without thinking twice Jonah crawled over you, landing clumsily on his feet in front of the couch. You laughed at him, making yourself small so he wouldn't push you off, "Where are you going?" He stood up and held his hand out to you, "Get up, we're gonna dance." he said with a grin. You pouted your lip at him and giggled, taking his hand and letting him pull you into his chest. You linked your arms around his neck and he restarted the song before resting his hands on your hips. He swayed you back and forth slowly, doing circles around the space of the living room. Jonah was quietly singing the song under his breath and you rested your head against his chest. "Remember when you hated me?" he said, a light laugh to his words. You smiled against his chest, looking up at him to roll your eyes. "Yes, I do. You were a douchebag." you said and he bit his lip. When you and Jonah first met, you did hate him. He was rude and uncaring, he never gave anyone attention but expected it from everyone. He was selfish, until he met you. You were the first girl he found himself chasing after even when it was clear you didn't want him. For a couple weeks after you rejected him for the third time he gave up, deciding that you weren't gonna budge. Jonah spent countless nights staying up late with you on his mind, daydreaming about you and him together. He realized how dumb it was to let you get away so he decided to try again. After a few weeks of almost begging you to take a risk on him, you finally agreed and it was a rollercoaster from there. Jonah opened up to you completely and apologized for how horrible he was, finding himself breaking bad habits to keep you around. Now here you were a year later, madly in love with each other despite every exposed flaw and mistake you've ever made. "I should thank you more often for putting up with me back then." he said, resting his chin on the top of your head. "Mmm, you've made up for it enough. I loved you then and I love you even more now." you told him. Suddenly you were falling forward and landing on Jonah's chest, not realizing he had pulled you back down onto the couch. You let out a yelp as he laughed, pulling your body over his and kissing your nose. "I love you, Y/N." he said and you leaned forward to kiss his lips, smiling against his mouth.

"I'll never give you away 'cause I've already made that mistake; If my name never fell off your lips again, I know it'd be such a shame."

"I wish I could come with you, sneak in your carry on or something." you said with a watery laugh, biting your lip to fight the inevitable tears. Jonah brought his hands up to your cheeks and smiled softly, "I know, me too. But it's a couple months and then I'm right back home with you. C'mere." He pulled you in for a hug and you held him tightly, letting out shaky breaths as you buried your face in his shoulder. "I'm gonna miss you so much." you whimpered and he squeezed you tighter, pressing kisses to your neck. "I'm gonna miss you more, love." he said against your skin. "Okay," you breathed, reluctantly pulling away from him, "you need to go soon so I need you to kiss me." Jonah smiled and put his hand on your jaw, kissing you lovingly. You could feel it in the kiss that he realized this would be the last time he felt his lips against yours for the next three months. You broke for air and pecked his lips gently one more time, bringing your hands to his face and rubbing his cheekbones with your thumbs. "Promise me that you won't fall in love with some gorgeous European girl." you said, half kidding and half serious. Jonah shook his head, a small smile on his lips even though there were tears brimming his eyes. "I promise, but don't worry about that. There's no way I'd ever want somebody else when I have you." You nodded, pulling your hand from his face to your own to wipe the tears on your cheeks. 'Flight 246 to Dublin is boarding now.' you heard over the loudspeaker, sighs leaving both you and Jonah's lips. "You gotta go." you whispered sadly and he nodded, inhaling sharply and leaving one more long kiss on your forehead. "Call me when you land, no matter what time it is." you said, holding onto his hand. "I will. I'll see you soon, okay?" he said, starting to walk away even though he didn't want to. You nodded and smiled through the tears, letting his hand go and watching him walk towards his gate with the rest of the boys. "Jonah!" you called out and he whipped around to see you, "I love you." you said. He couldn't hear you but he could read your lips, a smile on his lips. "I love you more, baby." he said back and blew you a kiss, turning around to head to Europe. He couldn't wait 'til the next time he could hear you say his name in person.

"When I take a look at my life, and all of my crimes, you're the only thing that I think I got right."

Jonah got back into bed with another bowl of popcorn, putting his arm over your shoulder and putting the bowl on your thighs. "Thank you." you smiled, kissing his cheek. You pressed play on the TV and threw some popcorn into your mouth. "Staying in bed all day was definitely a good idea." Jonah said, taking some popcorn as well. You nodded at him, "Oh for sure. I wanna hear more about Europe though." you said, pausing the movie once again. Jonah turned on his side and pushed a pillow under his chest, "It was awesome. European shows are always so crazy and it's cool to see more of the world wherever we go." You gestured to him with a piece of popcorn in your hand and he took the cue, opening his mouth and catching it once you threw it. You laughed and popped another one in your mouth, "What was the funniest thing that happened on tour? You always have funny stories." you asked and he hummed, trying to think of one. "Oh! Jack and Zach started wrestling on Jack's bunk and we all cheered them on until Jack smacked his head on the bottom of the bunk above him." he laughed and you covered your mouth, muffling your giggles. "I know that hurt his head." you said. "That's not even the best part, he fucking cracked the wood. Like with his head, cracked the bunk." he said with wide eyes and you both burst into laughter, the image in your head of Jack breaking the bunk making it funnier. "I'm forever amazed by your career. Like, do you know how many people you make happy? How cool it is to be able to do what you do for a living?" you sighed, a glimmer of excitement in your eyes. "I think about it all the time. It still amazes me, I'm so lucky for it and sometimes I feel like I don't deserve it." he admitted. You put the bowl on the table next to the bed and turned on your side to face him. "Why do you think that?" you asked quietly. "I was ungrateful for everything for so long. The band, my life, you. God, I really took you for granted for so long until I let myself feel how much you meant to me. When I think about that time in my life I swear you and the band are the only things I didn't fuck up. The only things that made me into the half-decent guy I am now." he said, stroking your arm with his fingers. You grabbed his hand and kissed his knuckles before brushing through his hair with your fingers. "You're not half-decent, you're amazing. And just think of it as a learning experience, growing as a person." you said, not wanting him to beat himself over the past. Jonah leaned in and kissed you softly, running his hand down the length of your torso and stopping at your hip. He gave it a light squeeze as he pulled back and smiled at you, "I couldn't have done it without you in my life. You're like an angel." he said with dramatic eyes at the end. You chuckled and shoved his chest, but he pulled you back into him. "I'm serious. You're everything, my love." he said quietly into your hair. You wrapped your arm around him and scratched his back, pressing a kiss to his clothed chest. "I adore you, Jonah Marais." you said and he smiled to himself since you couldn't see him. "Thank you for loving me, Y/N Y/L/N."