happy birthday | corbyn

Today was your birthday. You spent the first half of your day celebrating with your family, they took you out for lunch and told the servers it was your birthday. The entire staff of servers singing to you made all of the blood rush to your face, but you had a wonderful time nonetheless. You were currently getting ready for your surprise date with your long time boyfriend, Corbyn. You were ecstatic to find out he'd be on break for your birthday and he told you he had big plans to celebrate his favorite girl on her special day. You finished putting on the last of your makeup before you heard a knock on your front door. You raced down the stairs, opening it to see Corbyn standing in the doorway in a button down and dress pants, a bouquet of your favorite flowers in his hand. "You are the sweetest man alive." you said, taking his hand and pulling him inside. "This is only the beginning of your birthday present, happy birthday beautiful." Corbyn beamed before planting a kiss on your lips. You giggled in excitement and he smiled. Corbyn's smile alone made your heart race a million times a minute, you could never get tired of seeing it. "Alright my dear, we have reservations waiting. Shall we?" he said, holding his hand out to you. You took his hand and followed him out to the car. Corbyn played your favorite songs on the way to the restaurant while you told him about your birthday so far. Despite it being a surprise, you knew exactly where you were going to eat. Corbyn knew you inside and out, so placing reservations at your favorite place wasn't too hard to manage.

Dinner was lovely and Corbyn ordered dessert for the two of you, even though you insisted that he didn't need to. "Can you please just let me spoil you on your damn birthday?" he said laughing and he pulled out his phone. "Oh, god Corbyn what are you doing?" you whined. "Shh, just smile. I'm taking pictures of my pretty girlfriend." You gave in and let Corbyn dramatically compliment you as he took pictures. The waitress brought your dessert to the table and the both of you dug in, you having to scold Corbyn a few times when he tried to talk to you with his mouth full of cake. "So, your biggest present." Corbyn started, but you stopped him. "Hold on," you said, leaning over the table and swiping your thumb across his lip, "you got some chocolate." Corbyn chuckled and rolled his eyes. You put your hands in your lap and started to get excited. "Continue, please." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. You raised an eyebrow at him before the one slip of paper turned into two. "We have a flight to Paris in two weeks." he stated and you put your hand over your mouth. "I'm sorry, what?" you said in disbelief and Corbyn raised a finger at you. "Ah, ah. It gets better." he said, handing you one of the papers. Your eyes went wide and it took everything in you to keep yourself from jumping out of your seat. "Corbyn..you did not." He leaned back in his seat and smiled at you, "Oh, but I did. We're seeing Harry Styles, front row, in Paris." You dropped the paper and got out of your seat to hug him. He stood up and hugged you, picking you up to spin you around. Once he put you down, you peppered his face in kisses. You were over the moon with excitement, "I cannot believe you did this for me. I love you so, so much." you squeaked and he leaned down to kiss your lips. "Anything for my girl. I love you more, happy birthday baby."

Two weeks later, you stood next to Corbyn, dancing and singing (more like screaming) along to the music. You were in complete bliss; seeing one of your all time favorite artists in one of the world's most beautiful cities, with the love of your life. Harry started to sing Sweet Creature, and Corbyn stood behind you with his arms wrapped around your waist. As you sang along, he sang the song in your ear and left tiny kisses on your neck. The bright smile on your face didn't fade the entire night, even after the concert. "I cannot believe that just happened." you said breathlessly as you and Corbyn exited the venue, "You truly are the sweetest man alive, Corbyn Besson." He interlocked your hands and brought them to his lips to press a kiss on your knuckles. "I'm so happy you had a good time. I love you, Y/N." "I love you more."