Ticking Life Away

Linkin Park - In the End

One thing, I don't know why

It doesn't even matter how hard you try

Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme

To remind myself how I tried so hard

A/N: This is only the beginning >:)

Despite what was at stake and (mostly) dressed in beachwear, the four boys with their Elemental Blades ''practised'' their newfound powers on the island's shore. Out of the four, Kai and Cole were shirtless, which left you no room for complaints there.

Remo caught you staring and slapped your arm with his tail, snapping you out of your daze. He huffed, resting his chin on your shoulder.

''Look, I couldn't help it-'' You attempted to defend yourself yet Remo blew a raspberry every time you tried. You gave up in the end, folding your arms together. ''No ham sandwiches then.'' The little snake stared at you pleadingly but you refused to give in.

''Order up. Coconut cream pie. Served well done!'' Kai utilised his Elemental Blade to blast Fire at a coconut projectile, causing it to explode. Everyone shared a groan, as well as a laugh or two at his quip.

''It is good to have our powers back.'' Zane mused. Jay patted him on the back, grinning broadly.

''Yup, you're right. And since we've all been working on our witty quips to follow every cool thing we do, I'd say we got this final battle in the bag. Or should I say...'' He trailed off briefly once Cole had run over to something, signalling him to launch a coconut. ''...I'd be shocked if we lose!'' Jay whipped out his Elemental Blade and shot Lightning at the coconut. He laughed as it exploded.

''Enough! Are you trying to reveal our hidden location?'' Wu chided the four, aiming his bamboo staff at them, and you quickly backed off before you could be associated with them and be included as well.

''Uh, sorry, Sensei. We were just practising our cool new Elemental Blades.'' Kai apologised to his mentor.

''And our witty quips.'' Jay butted in.

''Be wary of overconfidence, ninja.'' Wu began. ''While it is true your powers can defeat the Stone Army, only Lloyd alone has the power to defeat Garmadon. When it is all over, then we will see who laughs last.'' He cautioned.

''Yes, Sensei.'' You stared at the ground whilst saying this with the others.

On the other side of the sand dune lay the hidden camp. Dr. Julien stood leaning over a table with the work-in-progress Falcon lying on it, Lloyd standing near him. The blond watched him repair the mechanical bird, listening to what he said.

''Every cog, every gear is important. If one piece is missing, or out of place, the invention won't work.'' Dr. Julien told him, fitting one last gear into place, the bird flickering to life and getting to its feet- err, claws. He closed up the panel, hiding the cogs and screws. ''Come now, little one. Time to fly.''

The Falcon stretched its wings, taking flight and sometimes gliding on the gentle sea breeze offered to it. Lloyd looked up at it one last time before his uncle approached him.

''It is like you ninja. You each serve very important roles, and are key parts to a magnificent fighting force.'' Wu informed his nephew.

Unaware the creature that flew was not a coconut, Cole used his Elemental Blade to throw Earth at The Falcon. ''Eat dirt, scumbag!'' He yelled.