4. get well soon

STORY CREATED BY octavia-marie-blake

Murphy lays on the ground covered in his own blood. You stand next to your boyfriend, both your eyes on the boy who was once banished. The room is blaring with tension yet no one made a sound until Murphy speaks up. "I-I was running from the grounders."

"Anyone see any grounders?" Bellamy replies, his voice unbelieving of Murphy. Who could blame him? The last time you saw Murphy was when he tried to hang Bellamy and kill Charlotte. The leader receives no nods of approval from the two boys who found Murphy. "Well, in that case." He adds, raising his gun.

"Woah, Bell." You place a hand on his shoulder, "Wait." Though Bellamy was the leader of skaikru, he always listened to you no matter what. He valued your opinion over his own. Stepping forward, you lean down as you inspect Murphy's bloody wounds. It looks like his nails have been ripped off. "He's not lying."

A groan escapes Murphy's lips and you frown. "What's wrong?" Clarke asks, sitting beside you as Murphy begins heaving heavily.

Suddenly the boy leans forward, coughing uncontrollably as he vomits. The dark red blood drips from his lips, coating the floor as you get up and step away from him.

"W-What the h-hell's going on?" Murphy stutters, blood oozing down his chin. Your focus is on the way Bellamy gently pulls you back by your waist that you don't even realise the way Clarke's wide eyes are set on your face.

"Bellamy, don't go near her!" She warns, making you jump. You narrow your eyes at the ticklish feeling above your lip. Your fingers brush under your nose and you pull your hand back to look at it. Bright, red blood coats your fingertips and you almost gasp.

You begin to panic, wondering if next you'll vomit up blood like Murphy. Your breath begins to quicken as Clarke stands beside your boyfriend, a few metres away from you. Turning to Bellamy, your wide eyes meet his and he feels the life drain from his face.

"No." He mutters, his eyes tracing your face as if just coming to terms with the situation, "Clarke, what is this?"

"Well, I'd like to know." Murphy replies, his voice hoarse and tired but it doesn't stop the sarcasm it's laced with.

"I-I don't know." She says, glancing between you and Murphy in distress.

"How can you not know?!" Bellamy shouts, making you flinch as you begin to feel light headed.

As Bell paces back and forth, you use your sleeves for the excessive amounts of blood dripping from your nose. Clarke pauses, her intelligent mind working non-stop.

"The grounders must've used Murphy as a mule for the virus. It's biological warfare."

Coughing, you attempt to sit up but Bellamy places his hands on your shoulders to settle you down.

"Don't tell me you forgot Clarke's rules." He raises an eyebrow, looking down at your pale face and the purple bags under your eyes.

"You're not even supposed to be in here." You retort, grabbing his hands as you sit up, immediately feeling your head pound. No wonder your head hurts, you've already thrown up enough blood to permanently traumatize you.

"Come on, lay down." He whispers, leaning forward and placing a hand on your back. When you refuse, he lets out a long disappointed sigh. "Alright, fine." He snaps, sitting back in his chair as your smile drops.

"Bell," You mumble, seeing his jaw clench as he faces his head in another direction. Laying down, you keep your eyes on him, "I'm sorry, I-"

"I need you alive." The crack in his voice stops you, sending shivers down your spine as you feel your heart sink. Swallowing the harsh lump in his throat, "I don't mean to put pressure on you but you have to get better." He chuckles softly, looking down as he wipes a tear from under his eye.

"I will." You tell him, feeling your own tears slip past your eyes, "I'm gonna be okay, babe."

"I don't know what I'll do if you're not." He admits, meeting his eyes with yours. You stretch your hand out, reaching for his hand.

"I love you. I would never leave you so easily." You give him a smile as your hands entwine with each others and he lets out a shaky breath. The nod he gives you reassures the both of you.

A few days later, you're as good as new. The effects of the virus began to wear off when you woke up the next morning with Bellamy still by your side. Not once did he even think of leaving, he was the one that nursed you back to health. You walk up to your boyfriend and stand beside him, resting your head on his shoulder. Bellamy smiles as he looks at you, feeling thankful for whatever higher being's decision it was to keep you alive.