38. the new tribe

STORY CREATED BY the100imaginesblog

"(Y/N) can you please slow the fuck down?!" you heard Timmy's voice shout from behind you as you ran through the dense forest, ducking under branches and jumping over tree roots. You had not only grown up in these woods, but you had also been raised as a hunter which made maneuvering the seemingly endless horizon of trees and thick canopies easy. Timmy on the other hand was a farmer and a slow one at that, lagging behind you by at least 25 yards.

"Keep up!" you joked back, glancing back just in time to see a branch hit Timmy square in the face causing you to let out an involuntary loud laugh.

It only took you another two minutes before you had reached your destination, Timmy appearing next to you breathlessly a handful of seconds after you had come to a halt on the massive rock that sat at the edge of the forest. Where the trees ended a clearing began, that clearing serving as the home to a waterfall that gave way into a pool of green-blue water.

"Why can we never just take a leisurely stroll here?" Timmy asked in between pants. You glanced down at him, his body bent at the waist with his hands on his knees, his chest rising and falling heavily.

"That takes too much time." you chuckled, the run barely phasing your respiratory system. You had trained your breathing throughout your many years of hunting, the training mainly coming from running away from animals that wanted to kill you.

"You need to learn patience." Timmy chortled before straightening himself up and looking at the waterfall, its magnificence still causing his mouth to drop open even after having visited it almost twice a week over the past few months.

"And you need to learn how to run faster but we both know that's not gonna happen." you teased, pushing him lightly. He returned the favor by pushing you back harder, sending you stumbling slightly to your right.

Normally this would escalate into a full on wrestling match, something your parents said that you even did when you were toddlers running around the base camp. However a second before you were about to push back your hunter ears perked at the sound of two unfamiliar voices in the distance.

"Did you hear that?" you asked, looking in the direction you thought the voices had come from, furrowing your brow and squinting slightly as if that extended your vision through the thick canopy the trees gave.

"Hear what?" Timmy asked, following your gaze.

However before you could answer the voices spoke out again, this time closer and this time being heard even by him. You looked at Timmy for a moment, his face frozen as he starred in the direction of the voices.

"Shit." he muttered a second before you grabbed his arm and pulled him harshly, his body falling down off of the rock and landing in a pile like a rag doll. You hopped down a second after he had landed and pressed your back up against the large rock, glancing down at your friend who was still seemingly in shock at the sound of the voices. You grabbed his arm and pulled him up into a sitting position, his legs pushing his body up against the rock next to you.

"Wow." you heard a female voice speak. The clarity of the voice ringing in your ears could only mean that whoever the two people were, they were now in the clearing. "Well at least we don't have to worry about water." her voice spoke again, this time laced with happiness. You glimpsed at Timmy who was looking straight forward trying not to make a single sound, not like the two strangers would be able to hear over the roar of the waterfall.

There was silence for a moment until you heard feet sloshing around in the water. The strangers now must be walking in the shallow water that circulated the deeper pool of cool water.

You nudged Timmy and pointed to his right, signalling for him to start crawling in that direction, knowing all to well that the moment the strangers decided to enter the pool you and your friend would be visible to them. You had no clue who the two were and while you were a capable fighter, with Timmy as your partner in a match it would practically be two on one and those were odds you did not like one bit.

Timmy nodded his head and obediently slid his body along the large rock until he was on the other side of it. You followed closely behind him, resting your back up against the rock right as you heard the loud splash of the couple entering the water.

"Let's go." Timmy whispered the moment the two of you were against the back of the rock, the forest now starring you in the face. He pushed off the rock only to have his arm grabbed by you and pulled back, his throat letting out a small noise when his back hit the rock once again.

"Wait, let's see what they're talking about." you said, turning so you could peak your head around the corner of the rock, looking past the space he and you had just been. You couldn't see the two yet.

"Are you crazy?" he asked, smacking you hard on the arm, a small slap noise being covered by the sound of the waterfall. "Let's go (Y/N), I don't want to be strung up by some Grounders."

"They aren't Grounders." you said, your eyes finally catching a glimpse of the two strangers as they moved towards the center of the pool. It was a boy and a girl and all you could tell from seeing their heads bobbing in the water was that the girl had blonde hair and the boy had black hair. Although there faces were distant and hard to depict, you knew they weren't Grounders, after all you were once a Grounder and you knew every one of their faces as if it was burned into your brain.

"(Y/N), I'm serious, let's go." Timmy pleaded, grabbing your arm and tugging. However you didn't budge. Instead you watched as the strangers began to swim over towards the shore once again, their conversation having stopped rather suddenly, their heads disappearing behind the rock. You wiggled your arm loose from Timmy's and crawled back around to the side of the rock you had originally been on, peaking your head around the corner just in time to see the two strangers get up onto the shore line and walk over towards a pile of medium sized rocks.

"What the fuck." you muttered, squinting your eyes as the two strangers bent down next to the rocks. You saw a discoloration on the rocks that looked all too familiar, causing your mouth to drop open slightly. Blood.

You shifted onto your feet so you were now squatting, watching as the two strangers seemed to discuss something to one another, their voices too low for you to hear with the waterfall roaring in your ear. You saw the blonde girl look back down at the rocks before reaching for something wearily, her hand returning into your view holding what appeared to be googles. You looked at the facial expression that the two shared with each other.

They knew whoever it was that the blood belonged to.

This was starting to get interesting.

You watched closely as the two of them stood up simultaneously before grabbing their bags and quickly turning and walking in the direction the blood went, leaving you and Timmy once again alone at the waterfall.

"Okay, now can we please go back to camp?" Timmy asked, standing up once he saw you stand, knowing that meant the coast was clear. You continued to look in the direction the two had ran off to, your lips pursing as the curiosity began to fill your body. "Oh hell no." Timmy spoke, the expression on your face all too familiar. He stepped forward so he was next to you and hit you on the arm again. "We aren't following them."

"Oh come on, it can be an adventure." you pleaded, glancing over at him as his arms crossed firmly over his chest. "Weren't you the one who said that you were bored?"

"Yeah, so we came here and then two random ass people showed up and now you want to follow them towards God only knows what." Timmy said, pointing in the direction the strangers had gone, your eyes following his finger.

"It could be fun." you spoke, looking at the thick woods that the two had disappeared into.

"Dying a slow and painful death doesn't sound like fun to me."

"We won't die! We'll follow from a distance and if it turns out to be nothing then we can turn right back around and go back to camp." you argued, putting your weight on one leg and now crossing your own arms over your chest.

"Or, and here's a crazy idea I know you have never heard of, we stay out of trouble and go back to camp right now!" Timmy shouted back. However, he knew he was fighting a losing battle.