9. amnesia

STORY CREATED BY octavia-marie-blake

An unhideable feeling of sadness looms over Bellamy as he lays in the bed you used to share with him. Now you spend your nights in the drop ship, your eyes never opening as you lay in a peaceful coma. The sun began to rise, he could see the light hitting the outside of the tent. He hasn't slept yet, how could he? Guilt plagues his thoughts. He blames himself for what happened. If only he had tried better to keep you safe, that grounder never would have attacked you and hit your head. You would still be here with him and he wouldn't be losing his mind. Sighing, Bellamy stood up and made his way to where you are.

The sun follows him, brushing his shoulders as it wakes up. And much like the sun, you begin to wake up too. A rustle. You hear it right in front of you as he enters the tent, Clarke close behind him to check up on you. You grunt, narrowing your eyes as you step into reality. You have no idea what's going on. "Y/N?" A deep voice causes your eyes to snap open as you hear the unfamiliar name. A man looks at you with hope in his eyes, his lips turn into a smile and it looks like he isn't breathing at all, "You're awake!" He exclaims happily, his loud voice scaring you and making the back of your head ache in pain. Who is he? And who's the blonde girl standing behind him? Wrapping his arms around you, your heart begins to accelerate.

"Get off of me," You mumble breathlessly, barely audible. "Get off!" You exclaim. He pulls back in shock, his eyes wide as they scan you. "Who are you?" With only three words, Bellamys heart broke. His lips part but his words are lost. How could you not remember him? You try to sort through your head, frustration overcoming you as Bellamy's expectant eyes watch you. "Where am I?"

Bellamy gives Clarke a worried look before he turns back to you, "You're on Earth. I'm Bellamy, you're b-" He cuts himself off. Who is he? Friend doesn't sound right. So he continues, "I'm your boyfriend."

"N-No," you mumble back, frowning as you sort through the blank spaces in your head, "I've never seen you before in my life."

"Y/N, I-"

"Y/N?" You repeat, not liking the way the name sounds in your mouth. It makes you feel like you need to rinse it out. Looking up, you see the strangers sad eyes and you lose it, "Get out." You order him, as if knowing automatically that he'll listen to you. You hate the way he's watching you, his brown, beady eyes reading your expression for something you can't possibly give to him.

"No, baby I-"

"Please, just leave." You interrupt him, furrowing your eyebrows as your eyes burn with oncoming tears.

"It's okay. Go." Receiving a look from Clarke, Bellamy turns around and walks out of the dropship with tears blurring his vision. Nothing could get rid of the ache in his chest and even though he tried convincing himself this was a dream, he knew it just wasn't true. Every moment you've shared together is gone - maybe forever. It seems like hours before Clarke steps out of the dropship, her eyes wet and her hands running through her hair in distress.

"I want to see her." Bellamy states, his shoulders back as he crosses his arms.

"I don't think it's a good idea." Clarke admits and Bellamy can tell she's not all there, "She doesn't remember anything."

"So?" Bellamy sighs, "She might remember if I speak to her again."

"No." Is all Clarke answers with, leaving Bellamy frustrated and annoyed.

"She's my girlfriend, you can't just-"

"She doesn't want to see you, okay?" Clarke snaps, silencing her leader. His arms fall to his sides and it almost feels like everything goes silent after Clarkes words, "I'm sorry."