5. never once

STORY CREATED BY justauthoring

A scream left your lips, a shrill plea for the pain to stop. All you could feel in that moment was the knife slicing down your arm, cutting through your skin as your blood dripped down your arms.

You kept your eyes clutched shut, refusing to stare into the eyes of those that doubted your loyalty. Indra was slicing you then, and you knew that all you'd see if you opened your eyes would be hatred and judgement. Judgement you didn't deserve.

You hadn't committed the crime, and now you were paying the price for it.

Your screams were driving Bellamy insane. It was taking all of Kane's strength to hold Bellamy back from running over to you, and cutting you down himself. All he could see was you, in pain, something he never wanted to see. And he wouldn't rest until you were free, no longer screaming, filling up the silence with your agony.

"Let me go, Kane," Bellamy bellowed, voice gruff. "There must be something we can do."

"If you go over there, you'll only get yourself killed," Kane reminded, shoving Bellamy back slightly.

Bellamy shuffled back until he found his footing, sending a sharp glare Kane's way before his eyes softened at the sight of you. Deep down, he knew Kane was right, but that didn't mean he was willing to just stand back and watch you be tortured.

"She didn't do it," Bellamy argued in your defense. "I won't let Y/N pay for a crime she didn't commit."

Before Kane could even begin to respond, Clarke whipped past Bellamy, not hesitating a second before she demanded; "I need that bottle now." And she didn't stop marching forward until two grounders blocked her path.

Glancing at one another, Kane and Bellamy followed just as Clarke bellowed; "stop!"

Indra listened, and your screams immediately quieted the moment the knife was pulled away. You managed to open your eyes, your vision blurry for a moment. The first face you found was not Indra's, not Lexa's, not even Clarke's. Rather, you saw Bellamy, staring back at you with his brows drawn in with deep concern and his body twitching as if he was ready to lunge for you in any second.

"Let her pass!" Lexa commanded, and the grounders blocking Clarke listened without fault.

"One of your people tried to kill you, Lexa, not one of mine."

Your eyes widened with hope.

"You should've run," Indra growled.

"I can prove it," Clarke argued, keeping her eyes set on Lexa. Turning, she grabbed the bottle she'd called for earlier, pulling off the lid and tipping her head back before downing half of the liquid left.

You remained there, tied against the pole, shaking from fright and pain, waiting for something more to happen.

But nothing ever did. Clarke was fine.

"Explain."

"The poison wasn't in the bottle," Clarke started, "it was in the cup."

A grounder, a trusted comrades of Lexa's, spoke something in their native tongue. Something you couldn't understand.

Bellamy paused, brows furrowing before he looked up; "it was you. He tested the cup. He searched Y/N."

Lexa sent Bellamy a sharp glare. "Gustus would never hurt me."

"You weren't the target," Bellamy argued, "the alliance was."

"We didn't do this and you know that."

You felt your chest tighten, watching with anticipation as Lexa turned to Gustus, once again speaking in grounder tongue.

"This alliance would cost you your life, Heda." Gustus responded, admitting. "I could not let that happen."

"This treachery will cost you yours."

Ordering something in grounder tongue, two grounders grabbed a hold of Gustus and suddenly, Abby and Bellamy were making their way over to you. Someone cut the ties bounding your wrists, and you immediately slumped forward in Bellamy's arms, eyes half-lidded.

"I thought you didn't believe me..." You mumbled, blinking up at Bellamy.

Brushing back a strand of loose hair that had fallen into your eyes, Bellamy shook his head. "I never once doubted you."