28. time part three (au)

STORY CREATED BY octavia-marie-blake

When Bellamy walks into the kitchen he feels as though time stands still. He can recognise most of the faces that turn to look at him. Expecting Tala to be standing in the doorway, Bellamy notices their faces drop in shock like a wave hitting the shore. He stands there nervously, hearing heavy footsteps approach him from behind.

Really, what did he expect? A big welcoming? Of course not. But he didn't expect for everyones wandering eyes to be glued to him and he didn't expect to be so tense. But most of all, he didn't expect to see John Murphy there, holding you little girl in his arms.

He can feel his heart aching as he's greeted with Murphy's familiar eyes. They take him back to a time when he and Murphy were best friends, living their life as stupid teenagers.

For a few moments, Bellamy feels completely lost as Murphy sets your child down to begin walking over to him. But when Murphy approaches him, all Bell feels is anger.

"Bellamy." Murphy states, giving the taller boy a small smile. Everyone else in the room seems to return back to their own business, enjoying the party. "Never thought I'd see you again."

Bellamy raises a brow, wondering if he was after you this entire time. "I bet you didn't." Bellamy replies with a small, forced smile.

Murphy can tell it's fake. "Here," He gestures to the glass sliding door that leads to a secluded patio, "Walk with me. We can finally catch up."

Without saying another word, Bellamy follows Murphy into the pristine backyard. Everything looks so clean and ... expensive. The grass is bright green and has been noticeably mowed. The garden beds are littered with a plethora of colourful flowers, framing the tall fence wonderfully. It's beautiful.

"What are you doing here?" Murphy implores, keeping his eyes on Bellamy as he observes the garden further.

"Wow, you got straight to the point, didn't you?" Bellamy scoffs, not caring to even look at Murphy. He doesn't want to give him such courtesy. For all Bell knows, Murphy could have gotten with you straight after the breakup. Was he ever really Bell's friend?

"I don't see why I should." Murphy crosses his eyes, giving off the same untouchable vibe that he did when he was young. "The sooner we get over it, the sooner you can get out of my house."

Bellamy pauses as his suspicions are made true. He looks at Murphy's angered eyes. "Your house?"

Nodding, Murphy looks at the tan boy with a look of amusement. "My house." Murphy dumbs it down for Bellamy, who looks like he's in complete disbelief, "My wife."

He thought he could be strong - toughen up - for just a couple of hours. Bellamy believed he might be alright to celebrate your birthday after so many consecutive years of staying out late drinking on the occasion.

But now, as he watches Murphys lips pronounce the two words he dreaded to hear, Bellamy realises how much your children look like him. He wants to throw up.

There's a lump forming in his throat the size of a golf ball and Bellamy can't help but feel extremely helpless and what's worse is that he feels extremely, undeniably alone.

The garden is quiet as he takes it all in, not wanting to show Murphy that it bothers him this much. Winter is on it's way and with it's arrival, summer and all good things are sure to be gone soon.

Bellamy knows deep down that after this encounter, he won't be seeing any more of this family again. He won't be seeing you again. It pains him to think that, but the pain he feels in this moment is far greater. "You and Y/N?"