36. the first move

STORY CREATED BY octavia-marie-blake

As pieces of the Ark broke off, you found yourself gripping onto the belt wrapped tightly around your waist, wondering if you were even going to survive. While you made your descend down to Earth, all the 100′s eyes were on the falling piece of the Ark as it sparks through the night sky. The noises coming from the Ark was anything but reassuring. Jolting you around, the massive metal structure began entering Earth's atmosphere. Everyone sat in silence, silently hoping they were going to make it to see earth.

You aren't really sure what's happening. It's like your brain can't make sense of what's going on around you. One second you were closing your eyes in the Ark but now as you look around all you see is grey smoke. Springing into action, you unclip your seat belt, but when you stand you have to pause. Coughing out your lungs, you cover your mouth and nose with your shirt but it doesn't stop your knees from wiggling and giving out. Your eyes shut.

Only regaining consciousness what seems like few minutes later, is actually a good few hours. You gasp, breathing in air and coughing at the same time. As you begin processing where you are, it all comes back in short blurs - the ark, landing, being engulfed in smoke. When you try to sit up, a hand is placed on your shoulders restricting you.

"It's alright, you're on the ground." Looking up, your eyes meet the calming voice. "I'm Bellamy." The man speaking has dark, curly hair framing his tan and heavily freckled face. Bellamy. You repeat the word over and over in your head, loving the way it sounds.

"Bellamy." You state, your eyes locked on his. "Are you sure I'm not in heaven?" Mumbling, you make the two of you laugh but your small smile soon turns into a down as a painful ache shoots through your side. You let out a whimper, looking down at the red soaking through on the side of your shirt. Images flash through your mind as your hand grazes over the area. You were struck by a shard of metal when the Ark landed, you were losing blood like crazy and trying to stand up and run didn't help you. That's when Bellamy found you.

His hands move yours away, pulling your shirt up to reveal your blood bleeding through the bandage. "Don't worry, I got it." Bellamy notes and quickly stands, stepping away to find what he needs. Ever since helping you escape the wreckage of the Ark, he carried you all the way to the drop ship to stitch, clean, and dress your wounds.

"W-What happened to the Ark?" You ask him when he comes back. Bellamy gives you a look and you try to decipher it. He doesn't say anything, but you can tell he doesn't want to talk about it so you let the question disappear into silence. He changes your bandage effortlessly and you wonder if one day he could teach you how to do it yourself.

"You need to rest, Y/N." He advises, his fingers leaving goosebumps on your skin when he pulls your shirt back down, "And don't try sitting up again." He smirks, thinking about how you almost ruined your stitches all because you had to make a joke.

You watch him stand and your eyes widen, "Wait!" You call, earning glares from other people. Bellamy turns around. "Will I see you tomorrow?" You question, hoping for a positive answer.

He gives you a smile, knowing you'll never know about how he's been checking up on you every hour since bringing you in yesterday. "You can count on it."

"Come on!" Stepping through the forest, you glance back to shout at Bell. Stopping, you lean against a tree and watch him walk up to you, "I just healed, I'm supposed to be the slow one."

"You're also supposed to be resting." He raises an eyebrow, leaning next to you. His eyes bore into yours, his closeness making you gulp.

"I've been resting for weeks," Whining, you quickly grab his hand and continue walking at a quick pace, "Plus, you promised."

Bellamy ignores how his chest flutters at you holding his hand and he sighs, "I'm starting to regret that." He admits, eyeing big, red X you've marked on three trees. Bellamy had promised to teach you defend yourself - fighting, using guns, throwing axes with pin point accuracy like him. You were beyond excited. For once, you weren't wearing bandages or stitches. Your wound has healed and you're not confined to a room in the Ark or a tent at Camp Jaha.

Stretching your hand out, you smile, "Gun." You demand, making the older boy scoff at you.

"You think I'm just going to hand you a gun?" He questions incredulously, a smile lingering on his lips.

You cross your arms, watching as he pulls the gun from the side of his pants. "Don't you trust me?" You test with a smirk. Looking at the target before him, Bellamy cocks the gun. He aims for a few seconds before pulling the trigger.

"Not one bit, princess." He tells you, feeling his confidence boost at the bullet hole right in the middle of the X. Rolling your eyes, you step closer to him.

"Then teach me."

"Fine." Sighing, he hands you the gun and stands next to you. "This is the hammer, it–"

"Strikes the primer, causing ignition." Finishing his sentence, Bellamy looks to you. His eyes fill with admiration as he smiles. He could honestly kiss you right now with how close the two of you are.

"Yeah." He states in awe, "How did you know?"

Turning to him, you laugh, "I'm not completely useless." You tease, "Kane gave me some advice." Adding the last part in a whisper, Bellamy smiles uncontrollably as he shakes his head.

"Do you even need me here?" He asks.

"No." You reply honestly, "I just like being around you."

Bellamy feels his breath hitch and just when he doesn't think his heart could beat faster, he hears it speed up. Holding it up, Bellamy rushes behind you with wide eyes. "Careful." He mumbles, his arms wrapping around you to aim the gun straight. "You want to try and keep it at eye level." You can feel his breath hitting your neck and it makes it so hard to concentrate.

All you want to do is lean into his touch but instead you exhale quietly, and you pull the trigger. "Shit." You curse. The noise makes you instinctively jump back and Bellamy's hands grip your waist.

When you glance back at him, he moves back quickly and hesitantly. "Good, good." He gulps, wondering why he feels so odd without your touch. You look back to the tree, smiling when you see the bullet almost at the centre. "With more practice you'll get better." He grabs the gun, readying it to take turns shooting but you speak up.

"And with a great teacher like you." You state, turning around to smile at him. "All we have left on my bucket list is fighting."

Bellamy laughs, "You think you can take ME on?" He teases, crossing his arms as he stands up to you. "I'd like to see you try."

"It's gonna be great watching you lose." Hiding a smile, you act angry at him. With every step the two of you take towards each other, your heart speeds up.

"Please, you'll be on the floor before you can count to three." His eyes track paths up and down your face, from your eyes to your lips.

"Bite me." You tell him, your face inches from his own. You stare each other down, wondering who's going to be the one to make the first move. Bellamy can't take it anymore, he wants his lips on yours, he wants to feel you, to touch you. Slowly, he kisses you. It doesn't feel like a kiss. It feels like a thousand fireworks are burning your chest and cheeks, sending waves of warmth over your body. Closing your eyes, you move your lips in sync with his and Bellamy feels like his head is going to explode.

He never imagined kissing you would be this good. When he places his hands on your lower back to pull you closer, you smile into the kiss. Bellamy pulls away, his eyes stay closed for a second before he looks at you. You've never felt so wanted in your life, the way he looks at you - full of admiration of love - leaves you in a slight state of shock. "I've wanted to do that for so long." He admits, holding you close.

"Why didn't you?" You smile, your arms wrapping around his neck to play with the back of his hair. "We could've been doing this the whole time." You wiggle your eyebrows. Bell laughs softly, his hands resting on your lower back before he presses your bodies against each others.

When you place your lips on his neck, he smiles, "Let's make up for lost time, then."