48. day off (au)

STORY CREATED BY octavia-marie-blake

His smile is as bright as the sun, dazzling you with warmth and happiness as he looks out at the vast sea. Bellamy sighs to himself, happy to finally have a day off to spend with you and your best friends.

You had all discovered this place along the edge of the forest and even now as your eyes search around, it amazes you. Your own private beach, a fair distance from camp but it still felt like it only belonged to you.

You and Bellamy vowed to come back and spend a day at the beach when all the problems had disappeared. And now, finally, after a tough few months you were both here with the people who matter most in the world.

Closing your eyes for a second, you listen to the waves crashing back and forth against the sandy shore and you're overwhelmed with a feeling of peace.
The rushed days of the week have passed and now you sit quietly.

It feels like it's all coming back; the happy days. It reminds you of a time where there was no trouble or stress about the grounders or the Ark, or anything. It takes you back to a time where it was just you and Bellamy.
And it was good because that was enough.

The burning sun shines down on Bellamy Blake, making his back warm as he stands with his feet in the sand, burning slightly but he doesn't care. He's at the beach. For the first time in forever he's experiencing something new.

Waves touch his feet, cooling him down greatly and he just smiles as he listens to his friends laughing around him. The sound of them enjoying themselves sends a feeling of content through his chest.

You watch him stand there, probably thinking about everything in the universe and you can't help but laugh quietly to yourself. Octavia looks up from her conversation with Lincoln, her eyes meeting yours.

"You know Bellamy." She states, looking to her older brother with a smile, "He contemplates everything."

You smile, knowing that statement is accurate. "I better go see what's on his mind." With a huff, you stand up from your seat on the ground and you walk to your boyfriend, "Hey, Bell." You announce yourself, standing beside him.

He stretches his arm out for you to wrap your arms around him and you do, resting your head upon his chest.
"Hi, Princess." Bellamy smiles back, playing with your soft hair.

You look to him, both your eyes meeting each other's gazes. "What's on your mind?" You wonder, watching him as he looks back out to the water.

Bellamy wonders how to answer. His mind has always been so full of worry and stress and plans on how to make everyone happy, but right now there's only one thing on his mind.

"How happy I am right now." He nods, turning to you with a look of admiration, "All I can do is look back and think about how far we've all made it."

You smile back at him as he looks to the bright blue water. Rays from the sun reflect off of it, shooting gold into his eyes.
"We couldn't have done it without you." You admit, giving him a cheesy look.

Bellamy looks down, laughing as he blushes slightly. "Stop." He shakes his head, looking back up at you as a grin makes it's way to his lips.

"It's true." You stand in front of him, your back facing the waves. Placing both hands on his warm, freckled cheeks, you give him a fond smile, "We're all here because of you. I owe everything to you, Bell."

His hands squeeze your waist as he shifts back, giving you a look that's so filled with love that you're weak at the knees.
"You're my reason for being a good leader. Everyday you make me want to be the person you see me as. Y/N, I love you. I am soin love with you."

"Bellamy." Dropping your hands, you feel tears building and burning but you don't take your eyes off him. "I'll always love you."

Leaning forward, he presses his lips to yours. You both close your eyes as your lips move in sync, cherishing the feeling of kissing under the warm, yellow sun. There's so much feeling and emotion intricately weaved into this kiss, making it one you hope you never forget.