39. trust

STORY CREATED BY octavia-marie-blake

Standing idly, you watch the group laughing and talking. You wish you could be part of it but whenever you build up the courage to walk over, you remember that there's no point - you don't fit in with them anyways. Sighing, you turn and make you way to your tent. The sun should be going down soon and you'd rather be alone in your tent, not out here. Bellamy notices how you're acting.

He follows you closely behind, his feet rushing him towards you. "Y/N!" He shouts. His heart feels like it's pounding through his chest as he looks at you.

Jumping slightly, you turn to Bell's reassuring voice. "Oh, hi babe." No matter how many times you talk to him, you feel yourself blushing.

He gives you a small smile, his eyes glancing back at your tent. "Where are you going?" He wonders out loud, already knowing the obvious answer.

Shrugging, you look down. "To bed." You state. He knows you're not telling the full truth. You know he's going to want more of an answer just by the look he gives you. Bellamy's lips part but before he can object, you speak up. "It's okay. I know what you're going to say but I don't fit in with them, Bell."

He tilts his head at you sadly, warm breath escaping his lips quietly. "Y/N, at least try." He gives you a small smile, "Trust me." Placing his hand in yours, he makes butterflies swarm inside your stomach and chest. But that might just be because of how nervous you feel.

Looking down at your feet, you shift uncomfortably, "I don't know..."

"Why wouldn't you fit in?" He inquires, his eyebrows furrowing as he watches you.

"They're brilliant people." You admit, looking back up at him, "They're so intelligent and even though I've never met them I can tell. But me? I'm not like that."

Bellamy scoffs slightly, pulling back slightly to look at you with an incredulous expression, "Y/N, you're more than brilliant." A smile makes it's way to his lips, "I'm in love with every part of you. You're kind and caring, and you make me laugh unlike anyone else I've ever met. You're perfect and you're going to fit right in, dear."

His compliments make you blush nervously. "Are you sure?" You question, just for reassurance.

Giving you a loving smile, he nods cutely. Placing his forehead against yours, he places his hands on your waist. "100%."

"Okay." You state, causing Bellamy to smile even wider. He leans forward. In seconds, he makes your heart stop and kisses you. It's soft and sweet and makes you feel relaxed. When he pulls back, you smile at the man you love, placing a hand on his cheek. "Thank you. I love you."

"I love you more. Now let's go meet your new group." He replies with a wink.