23. smuggled love

STORY CREATED BY steggiiss

You looked up as you heard the little whish, signaling the cell door was opening. Two guards entered the cell, and your cellmate began to panic as the guards came closer. You sent her a glare, trying to get her to calm down, that what she thought was going to happen was not going to happen.

Unfortunately, she didn't understand, and instead became hysterical, resulting in the guard's baton being used, making you wince, and having to close your eyes, trying to ignore the smell of slightly singed flesh.

"Hey asshole! What the hell's your problem?" You shouted as the other guard grabbed you and placed a bracelet on you, not resisting, knowing that you would also end up at the mercy of the electric batons, and you were already going to Earth anyway. The guard simply grunted, and gripped you tighter than he had before, nearly dragging you out of the cell into skyblock where everyone seemed to be in a panic.

"I got it from here." A familiar voice said, and the guard shoved you towards the other guard, before walking away.

"Took you long enough." You teased, as you turned to face your best friend, Dave.

"Yeah, well someone had to pack up your shit." He grumbled lightly, letting you know that he wasn't really upset.

"Yes, and I thank you tremendously for that." You replied, your words teasing, although you couldn't hide the heaviness in your tone.

"Hey, you're gonna be fine." He reassured, though the air remained heavy, the severity of the situation hitting you.

"Yeah. What could possibly go wrong?" You asked sarcastically, trying not to think about the fact that the air could be toxic and you could die.

You were about to walk into the dropship, before Dave stopped you, the worry apparent in his eyes, and for the first time in awhile you saw the 19 year old boy that had been like a big brother to you growing up. "Stay safe, okay?"

"Yeah." You nodded, hugging him tightly, feeling his arms wrap around you. "Thank you so much." You whispered to him.

"Yeah, of course."

You let go, smiling at him, kissing him on the cheek. "Don't get caught."

"Don't die."

You gripped the straps, squeezing your eyes shut, jaw clenched, trying to stop panicking about the flight. You generally hated space, but traveling through it, or rather, falling into the atmosphere was pretty scary.

A slight whimper escaped your lips, other people screaming as a sudden jolt shook the ship, signaling that the dropship had entered the atmosphere. Almost immediately, you heard Jaha's voice, confusing you, causing you to slowly open your eyes to see him on the monitor that had been installed in the dropship. He proceeded to make some speech, as you rolled your eyes, tuning out, looking at the people around you. You silently applauded those who were in the standing harnesses, not being brave enough to use one.

"Asshole!" You shouted at the recording as he called you expendable, another kid shouting at someone, causing you to look over, doing nearly a double flip as you saw the child of the Chancellor sitting in one of the seats, next to the daughter of Councilor Griffin. Though you had known about her. Everybody did.

You were now paying attention to the monitor, as Jaha talked about some place called Mount Weather, your attention diverted as you heard an ecstatic shout, looking over to see Spacewalker floating around.

"Idiot!" You shouted at him, and it seemed that the Griffin girl had the same thought, chastising him for his spacewalk. "Hey, don't do that!" You yelled at two more people who were taking of their harnesses, the monitor cutting out, and suddenly the dropship lurched.