18. closer

STORY CREATED BY octavia-marie-blake

Bellamy squints his eyes, wondering if it's really you. It's been four years since he's even heard your voice. It's been ages since he's even thought of you.
He hasn't even received a text or let alone a call from you but right now, right before his eyes, you're here.

You're with some of your friends, clearly having some sort of girls night. Bellamy watches as you stand and he catches a glimpse of the most beautiful red dress he's ever seen you wear.

He knows he shouldn't be staring but he can't stop. When you glance around the room, he makes sure he's looking elsewhere, quickly turning to Murphy.

"Dude." He mutters, putting on a small smile as if he wasn't just staring.

"What?" Murphy wonders, giving Bellamy his usual unimpressed gaze.

"Y/N's here."

"What?" He repeats, this time with more shock and amusement. Bellamy frowns at the shorter boy, wondering why he seems so excited that you're here. "Where?"

"At the bar." Bellamy nods towards you slightly, not knowing you're looking at him, trying to figure out if it's him or not, "But don't be obvious- oh jesus christ, Murphy."

Murphy steps away from Bellamy, moving his head completely around him so that he can see you. His eyes come into direct contact with yours and Bellamy wishes that he had just stayed home tonight.

"Did she see you?" Bellamy wonders, his eyes and chest full of fear.

Murphy pauses, his eyes still on you as he nods his head slightly as a way of greeting you from across the room. "...Probably/"

"Are you sure?" Bellamy replies, trying to gauge Murphy's facial expression without having to turn around to look at you.

"Pretty sure." He states, his eyes moving around the room as they follow you, "Because she's coming over here."

That just about makes Bellamy's heart sink into the pit of his stomach, making him almost drop his drink onto the floor of the bar. He can't believe this is happening to him.

All he wanted was to go out with his friends - half of which have disappeared during the night - and have a good time. Bellamy didn't think you still came to this bar.

When the two of you dated, a weird but good thing happened. All your friends had became one group. And this bar is where you all hung out. Bellamy can't name all the funny moments, laughable jokes, and amazing nights that you all shared. All he remembers is that him, Murphy, you, Raven, and Clarke were the ones who were there.

Right now that seems so long ago. Four years can change a lot.

He has no more time to freak out or prepare because you're here, standing in front of him with that smile that you wear so well. "Murphy?" You ask in bewilderment, not noticing how Bellamy quickly finishes his drink. "It is you."

"Y/N." Murphy smirks, looking between you and Bellamy, "Fancy seeing you here."

"Same goes." You reply, giving him a smile before your eyes dart to Bellamy, who looks extremely awkward as he stares at the floor. "Hi, Bellamy." You greet, just as awkwardly, hoping he surely can't be mad over you breaking up with him four years ago.

He looks up at you, raising a hand as he waves idly. You hold back a laugh. He's just as you remember him, kinda awkward but just the way you like him.

"What he means to say is, you look beautiful. Would you like a drink?" Murphy replies on behalf of Bellamy, almost like he can read his best friends mind.