10. bait

STORY CREATED BY octavia-marie-blake

The sound of metal hitting metal echoes off the cave walls, bringing pain to your already aching head. You try to sit up, finding that you're strapped to a table when you feel a strain on your neck. A grunt escapes your lips, rising above the noise you're drowning in. All you can hear is protests and angry shouts from familiar voices.

"Ah, you're awake. Good." A sudden voice makes you flinch and you look beside you. The man gives you a disgusting smirk. It's Cage. "This is going to be much more fun now."

"N-No," You croak, feeling your heart sink. You know what he's going to do - the bone marrow extraction. Turning, he begins fiddling with the sharp tools before turning to look at the camera. "Don't." Is all you can say. You feel as though all your energy is gone.

"No one needs to die for bone marrow!" Kane shouts, panic filling his voice, "We can donate it!" He attempts at a bargain but the man who seems to be in charge just smirks, muttering a few words back that you can't focus on.

Turning slightly to talk to the man behind him, the leader of Mount Weather tilts his head slightly, "Do you hear them begging for her life?" His voice is now angry and urgent, unlike before when he sounded like he was about to tell the punchline of a bad joke. "How does it feel knowing you can't save her?"

"If you touch her, Cage, I swear I'll kill you with my own hands."

You furrow your eyebrows as you mumble. Your heart sinks. "Bell?" Trying to look past Cage, "Bellamy?"

"I'm here, baby." He breathes, stepping to the side though it's hard with the guards gripping his arms. He can feel his heart speeding up, wanting nothing more than to save you and have you in his arms.

"No, you have to l-leave. You're not safe here." You mumble, still feeling lightheaded.

"I'm gonna get you out. We'll be alright." His voice sounds promising but you can see it in his eyes - he's really not sure if you're going to make it out of this.

"Start the procedure." Cage instructs one of his men to life and he springs into action, "I want to see the look on his face when I prove him wrong."

"No!" Bellamy shouts, pulling against the guards but nothing seems to work. The sound of the drill turning on is deafening and you whimper as you watch it approach your exposed thigh. "Stop!"

His protests don't have any effect on the doctor placing the tool against your skin. A scream burns your throat as you feel it ripping your flesh apart quickly. If you look any longer, you're going to be sick. Squeezing your eyes shut doesn't stop the tears from escaping down your cheeks as Bellamy watches in horror.

He feels a rush of adrenaline, elbowing the guard on his right before he takes his gun in his hand. He points it at Cage, causing the barrels of the team's guns to be aiming at him.

"I said stop." Bellamy repeats, the gun connecting with Cages temple, who raises a hand. The drilling stops and you think it might be worse than when it was on. Now you can feel the cold air hitting the blood dripping that drips down your leg and it hurts unlike anything you've ever experienced before. "Let her go." He demands, glaring at Cage's defeated demeanor.

"We're not done with you yet. You think this means you're free?" Cage wonders out loud, his voice obnoxious as it gets to Bellamy.

Cocking the gun against his temple, Bellamy lets out a quiet breath. "Unless you want a bullet in your head. Pretty sure bone marrow can't fix that."

Cage gulps, looking to the doctor who has his wide eyes on his leader who gives the order to unchain the Skypeople. His gloved hands are full of your blood as he sets the drill down, loosening your restraints and stepping back.

"Bellamy..." You mutter, seeing Bell hand the gun to Kane. He rushes over to you with glossy eyes.

"Thank god you're okay, Y/N." He breathes, helping you off of the table. The blinding pain that shoots through your leg makes you grip onto his sleeve, letting out a pained wince. He holds you, pressing you against his chest as he closes his eyes. "You're gonna be alright." He states, trying to convince himself more than you, "I promise."

No doubt, this isn't the end. You may have escaped Cage's torture but you're not out of Mount Weather yet.