12. is this love

STORY CREATED BY reidimagines

They say love can conquer everything, that in the darkest of days, love will always be there to fight against the extinction of humanity. We learn about love, lived through it during our lives. Love from someone close to us, your parents, your siblings, your special someone. So when did it all go wrong? When did that become a weapon, something that can turn your loved ones into something so evil? When did love become the reason enough to kill?

Weak and tired, of everything; constant battles against mortal enemies, and the doom of humanity falling into crumble. Your safety. That was enough for Bellamy to drive him into taking the chip. He did his best to refuse Jaha, using what's left of his strength to push him away. He fought back, he wanted you to know that. But when he had mentioned your name, hinting him that Jaha was about to kill you just to get him to take the chip, he did it with no hesitation. Because he love you and he wanted to protect you.

But is this love?

As he stood over you, eyes glazed over with no emotion whatsoever, you had wished Jaha killed you so you wouldn't see the person you love, the person you care so deeply, hurt you as his way of protecting you. Bellamy took the electrical whip, turning his head back to look at you before showing you the chip. You shook your head, tears falling down your cheeks as you struggle out of your restraints. The rope cut against your wrist, leaving trail of blood down your arm and you were sure it would leave a nasty bruise. Your tried to scream, but it was muffled by the gag in your mouth. As he inched closer and closer, you could hear and feel the electricity the whip is producing and you sobbed against your gag.

To his eyes, or through A.L.I.E's perspective, this was for your own good. Bellamy took the gag off of you, showing you the chip again.

"Take the chip Y/N," he said, coaxing you with his voice and you shook your head many times. You let out a horrible sob, muttering no a million times.

"Bellamy, listen to me. Hey, hey!" you yelled, trying your best to get his attention back. Trying to get the person you know who wouldn't do this to snap out of it. He didn't listen instead, he lifted the whip and hit you with it. The pain was horrible, it shook you to the core and you could've sworn that you should've died right there. You screamed in pain, your hands tugging against the ropes. It didn't stop Bellamy as he kept hitting you with the whip, telling you that all of this would stop if you just took the chip.

"I don't think that's going to break her," A.L.I.E said and Bellamy stopped, turning to look at the empty space in the corner. You followed his line of vision and you cried again.

"You're right," he answered before taking out his knife. Your eyes widen in panic, writhing away as you watch him heat the metal part of the knife.

"Please, Bell, don't do this," you begged but your words weren't going through him. He pulled the knife away from the heat, walking over to you and you could see the smoke from the metal. It was still red and your whole body heat up, tasting bile in your mouth as you had cried your eyes out.

"Bellamy, if you're in there please listen to my voice. I know you wouldn't want to do this, just please. Please come back to me," you tried again, and he stopped midway. You had thought it worked but when he motioned the chip again, you hang your head as you let dry sobs out of your mouth. You were on the point of breaking, and it hurt you that your last memory of Bellamy torturing you is the last thing you'll remember before you finally give in.

You wished you had been in the same team as Bellamy but he had insisted that it is more safer if you help out Clarke with the Nightblood. You had pulled him aside, your hand shaking as you held tightly on his shirt, afraid this will be the last time you'll see him. He looked at you, giving you a smile that seemed so force before he gave you a kiss. It was bittersweet, knowing this could be the last kiss you share if something were to happen. You pulled away, giving him a hug and clung onto him, memorizing his scent and touch.

"I love you," he had whispered in your ear but before you could say a reply, he was pulled away and you watched him fade away in the distant, your heart heavy and eyes clouded from tears.

"I love you too," you whispered to no one.

A.L.I.E watches as Bellamy presses the hot metal against Y/N skin, making you scream in pain and agony, your body shaking as you try your best to get away from the pain. But she knew it wasn't enough to get her to take the chip and she needed you to take the chip, as you play a crucial part in her plans. She let him torture you over and over again, using different kinds of method. He would use the electric whip on you, the knife and even sometimes he would beat you up with his own hands. Torture after torture and time was running out yet you still haven't give in. And at that point, A.L.I.E has had enough.

"Kill her," she said and Bellamy froze for a while, it seems like that was enough to snap him out of trance. She frowned, taking a step back.

"No," he whispered against his breath and you look up, and you wince in pain as your breathing slowly got even more painful. He shook his head and A.L.I.E narrowed her eyes at him.

"Bellamy?" you whispered and he ran a hand through his hair, tilting his head to look at you.

"Kill her!" she yelled, using her best to keep Bellamy away from being sane again. It worked and before the real Bellamy could see your state, it was already too late. He grabbed his gun and loaded it, and you could see memories with him flash through your eyes as your last tear fall from your cheeks.

"Take the chip," he said again and you shook your head.

"Bellamy, I know you're there. Listen to me. Whatever happens in the future, keep on living. Don't let me be the reason that holds you back. You could do so much, and don't you dare doubt your capabilities ever again," you told him but he wasn't listening. You look up from the ceiling, praying and hoping to whoever is there, God or no God, that Clarke completes the mission before he could pull the trigger.

Throughout the chaos, Clarke was finally able to track down the switch. She had a moment of second doubt, but it wasn't enough for her to not pull the switch. She gripped the handle and pulled it, restoring everything.

Bellamy eventually snapped out of the chip's power, dropping the gun on the floor as his hand shake, realization dawned on him and he turned his attention at your body. He screamed, scrambling to his feet to untie you, letting your body fall to the ground with him as he hold you close to his chest. He sobbed, muttering I'm sorry's that will never be heard again from you as blood, your blood, soak his shirt and hands. His heart shattered into pieces as he placed his hand on your cheeks, rocking you back and forth, holding you close to him as if that would bring you back. He studied the bruises and marks that's on your body, the bruises and marks he had left on you. This was his own doing, no one else's.

You lifted your hand up, exhaustion taking over you as you squeezed his hand. He turned to look at you, hope coming back to him as he watches your eyes flutter open. Your breathing was shaky as you try your best to keep alive for just a small moment. You gave him a smile, and he wishes he could trade back his life for yours. Just to see you smile again, just to hear you laugh again. Just to see you alive and well and by his side.

"I love you too," you finally told him and that broke him even more, clutching onto your hand, not wanting to let you go. But as you took your last breath, he watches in pain as the life in your eyes drains. He screamed in such misery as the love of his life lay lifeless in his arms.