22. trouble

STORY CREATED BY octavia-marie-blake

Making your way to the drop ship, you hurry. They're going to be back soon and you need to be there if anyone's hurt. Sure, it's just a normal hunting trip but these Sky people always seem to find trouble.

You've been walking in a desperate circle for months now, just hoping that one day the members of Arkadia will finally accept you. It was a vicious cycle. They would be hurt or need help and you were always there to assist them. You helped them with anything they needed. But still, their minds were shut.

You were a grounder, after all. And they couldn't see past that. Even though they've rejected you many times, you're stuck in a constant quest for their trust. You've come this far, you're not stopping now.

Seeing your best friend enter the camp, you call out to her. "Octavia! Is anyone hurt?"

The ends of her raven hair flick to the side as she snaps her head towards you, "Over here! It's Jasper!" She replies with a nod, rushing towards Jasper who holds his neck in pain.

Abby was amongst the very few who considered you a close friend. She trusts you. She understands that you only want to help and do good and as a sign of her friendship, she teaches you things. She taught you how to stitch and dress wounds.

"What happened?!" You shout, watching your best friends face burn red. As you rush to Jasper with a med lit in your hand, you're grateful for Abby Griffins lessons.

"Y/N," Octavia replies, her voice in a lower tone. "He nearly let himself be killed by Azgeda warriors. He's lucky to be alive. He did this to himself."

Looking down at the barely conscious boy, you feel your heart ache for him. You lay Jasper down, quickly opening your kit. You're nervous - he's another one of your friends - but you keep your hands steady. It's crucial.

"You'll be alright, J." You reassure him, knowing it doesn't matter to him. Lately, he's been spirally downhill. It seems nothing you do could help the poor boy to recover from Maya's death. But you still tried.

Quickly lifting his bloodied and shaking hands from his neck, you place the alcohol doused cotton onto his wound before placing a heavy duty bandage onto it.

The cuts small but in an extremely dangerous area. One more inch to the left and he would have been dead. Letting out the breath you didn't know you were holding, you notice Octavia beside you.

"Good work, you're getting better each time, Y/N/N." She gives you a smile before you both help Jasper stand up.

"Octavia." A deep voice calls from behind, making her turn her head to look up at her brother, "We need to talk." His brown eyes flicked between her and you.

"So talk." She replies defiantly, knowing how Bellamy is with grounders. He doesn't even trust Lincoln - the person who saved his sister. "She's my best friend. It's time you learn to trust her."

"It's fine, O." You admit with a smile. "Really. I'll take Jas to Abby."

When Octavia nods, she lets go of Jasper whose weight is easy to maintain and carry. You look up at Bellamy before you leave, only catching his eyes for a few seconds. They leave you feeling cold and vulnerable. They're not glaring or rude, they're just looking; watching your movements.

"What happened out there today, J?" You ask him when you've walked away from the Blake siblings. He doesn't say much, just sighs. You can smell the alcohol on his breath.

"Ice nation." Is all he says.

"I heard you risked your life. You nearly killed yourself." You add, entering the medical wing of the Ark where Abby should be.

"I wanted to see Maya."

You look at him with wide eyes but before you can get into the conversation, Abby appears. "Oh my god, Jasper! Here, lay him down." She gestures to a bed and you do as she says.

"Did you do this?" She asks, examining Jaspers bandage. You nod, getting her appraisal for your handiwork. "I'll take it from here, you go make sure no one else is hurt." She smiles as you give her a nod and exit Jasper, with his words fading from your head. He's safe, for now at least.

When you walk out of the Ark, you sense a bad aura surrounding you. You continue to walk, making eye contact with a few of Pikes guards. Looking down, you quicken your pace to where Octavia was before.

"You can't hide behind your Chancellor forever." Someone calls out, directed at you.

You turn to them, your eyebrows furrowed. "Excuse me?"

The man looks about your age, maybe a few years older. He smiles horribly, as if he's content with being malicious. "Pikes running for chancellor." He announces to you, his friends standing beside him with equally hateful stares. "And when that happens, this camp will solve their Grounder problem."

Shaking your head, you attempt to pass them but one pushes you back by your shoulders. "Don't touch me!" You burst, your voice grabbing Bellamy and Octavia's attention.

"There's that grounded instinct. Aren't you supposed to be savages?" Another girl laughs, her lips turning up in a smirk.

Once again you try to walk around from them but they block the way. "Let me pass. There are people who need my help." You stay calm now, not giving them what they want; a fight.

With crossed arms, the boy steps forward and you take two steps back. "The only reason they need help is because of yourpeople."

While Octavia stands off to the side, Bell stands in between you and the group. "Back off." He warns, his eyes piercing their very souls with anger.

The boy rolls his eyes, "I don't answer to you."

"Come again?" Bellamy almost shouts, stepping forward so he's almost in the boys face. Bellamy pushes him back and he stumbles into the chests of his friends. The boy looks down, angry and humiliated.

All you can do is watch the scene unfold in front of you with wide eyes. "You can't hide behind your friends forever." The boy states, stepping aside to look at you.

Before he can leave, Bellamy says one last thing. "Don't make threats you can't follow through with. I don't plan on going anywhere." He tells them, his arms crossed as they all leave but not before giving you harsh looks.

Octavia walks to you, "Are you okay?" She asks, not referring to you physically.

You just nod, looking up at Bellamy who stands beside his sister. "Thank you."

He gives you a small smile that turns into a smirk, "Try to stay out of trouble, will you?" He chuckles.

You smile back, letting out a small laugh. "It seems to follow me."