35. nature boy

STORY CREATED BY octavia-marie-blake

Stepping out into the fresh air, you keep your eyes closed. Earth. It's finally a reality, not just one of your childish dreams. The 100 behind you are all wide eyed and from the thick of the trees, Bellamy watches you intensely, unseen.

Smiling as you feel the sun warm your face, you open your eyes to the beauty of the colour green. It's astounding. People begin to push past you, knocking you gently but you just keep your eyes on the scenery in front of you.

"I can't believe we're here." You mutter to the boy next to you, Finn, who nods his head in response. He smiles at the sky, watching the clouds float by, he's completely mesmerised.

"Well, believe it." He smiles, turning to you playfully, "What do you say we look around?"

You smile, letting out an excited chuckle. "Let's go." You reply, stepping off of the dropship and feeling your new home beneath your feet. Looking towards the vast forest, you take another breath and it feels like you've never done it before.

The forest is relatively quiet other than the few cheers or shouts from the other teenagers. You and Finn have been running around like fools, laughing and cheering and jumping over fallen trees. Smiling, laughing, out of breath, you turn around to look at Finn.

But instead, you see nothing in his place. "Finn?" You call out into the wild and suddenly the quiet is no longer a peaceful thing, its deafening. "Finn?" A rustling in the bushes near a tall tree. Who is that? "Finn? Is this your idea of a joke?"

You hear someone approaching behind you ant you quickly spin around. "Who are you?" You furrow your eyebrows as you look at the tall man, who looks back at you with the same confusion.

"Who are you?" He repeats, looking you up and down as he takes a step forward. This confirms that he's not a part of the 100. Could there really be people living down here this whole time? You both look each other in the eyes, both scared yet extremely curious.

"Y/N?" You hear Finn calling out to you, making you jump as you look into the trees trying to see Finn. Bellamy immediately turns to run, inhumanely fast without even looking back at you.

"Wait!" You shout, almost tempted to follow him but Finn appears.

Despite being urgently called back to camp, you couldn't focus on anything but the boy you saw in the woods. His eyes, dark and curious, wouldn't leave your mind. You're silent the whole way back, thinking about the boy you saw. You found yourself daydreaming as Clarke spoke to you.

"They dropped us on the wrong damn mountain." She seethes, looking off into the distance. You follow her gaze with furrowed eyebrows admiring the green view and wondering where that boy could be.

"Y/N?" The mumble comes from Finn who stands beside you, watching you with a smile on his face, as if you're acting crazy, "Earth to Y/N."

Turning to face him, you realise you've been zoning out. "Oh, sorry." You reply seriously, glancing back at the other mountain.

Clarke and Finn share a look before she excuses herself, going to prepare the tedious journey to the real Mount Weather. Finn wonders what he should say, if he should say anything since you seem so out of it.

"If you're worried, don't be." He announces, making you awkwardly look at him, "We'll be alright."

Finns being genuinely nice and that makes you smile. "I know." You respond, nodding your head once before heading towards Clarke to help her in order to head back into the woods as soon as you can.