Final Selection

The screen now shows the title "Final Selection."

"Final Selection? So we are going to Tanjiro in his first appearance in killing the demons for the first time?" Oyakata said when suddenly, his family shown up via portal.

"Father!" The children of Oyakata exclaimed as they see their father cured in full health.

"Izuku sama, thank you for bringing my family with us in here." Oyakata said.

"You're welcome. I want to see them how good you are in a complete health state!" Izuku replied.

"Y-You sliced that boulder?! But... you slashed Sabito's mask! What is going on?!" Zenitsu said.

"I can't explain it too in my own words as well." Tanjiro replied.

"There is something creepy about that Sabito guy! Can you tell us about some info about it Giyu?!" Sanemi asked with impatience. Giyu didn't flinched nor reacted from anyone's expression on Tanjiro slicing the boulder into two.

"Giyu might know where Sabito is... but I think he doesn't want us to know something. Is he hiding something to us?" Tokito asked.

"Izuku hates spoilers, so he doesn't want to talk. Or he is just like that." Shinobu replied.

'The reason I won was because I learned to detect the scent of the opening thread. When I'm battling someone, and I pick up this scent, then I can see the thread. The thread is connected from my blade to my opponent's opening, growing taut the instant I see it.' Tanjiro narrated as the screen shows Tanjiro with the opening thread in his blade and its connected in Sabito's mask and slashing him with it.

'My blade is drawn toward it with great force, and then I slash the opening.' Tanjiro ended and shown Sabito's mask sliced into two but in reality, it was the boulder which was sliced into two.

"I can't believe that those dead person like Sabito and Makomo taught me how to improve my mistakes in that time before. I really thank them for everything because of their teachings into me." Tanjiro whispered to Urokodaki.

"Me too. I can't utter any reactions after I saw you sliced that boulder. And it is because of those two dead children. Hope they got the peace and rest that they dream for too long." Urokodaki whispered back.

Tanjiro still looked on the boulder and can't believed that he did the task Urokodaki ordered to him. Urokodaki's footsteps can be heard as he approached the boulder that he prepared for Tanjiro.

"Mr. Urokodaki... " Tanjiro uttered.

"I have no intention of sending you to the Final Selection." Urokodaki said.

"But he managed to slice the boulder?! Why does he..." Nezuko was interrupted by Tanjiro.

"He's not yet done talking. He has a reason why he said that. Me too, I was afraid that he won't let me go to the Final Selection as well." Tanjiro replied.

"I didn't want to see children die anymore. I was sure you wouldn't be able to slice this boulder, but... Well done, my boy!" Urokodaki said while tapping Tanjiro's head.

"Oh. Forgive me, Mr. Urokodaki." Nezuko said.

"It's okay. I understand why you get all of a sudden because of that." Urokodaki replied.

"I consider him still as a weakling! Even if he sliced that boulder." Genya sputtered.

"What did Tamaboko did to you scarred dunce?! You didn't even know Monijiro well but you act like you have known him already?!" Inosuke replied back.