Prologue

"Mitsuko. Her name is Mitsuko."

"She's beautiful."

"I hope she can spar with me!"

"AGH!"

"HIROTO!"

"You...!"

"Go! Take Mitsuko and run away from here! Anywhere, but here!"

"But, Mother I-"

"NO! You two have to survive. Now, RUN!"

"I promised, from the very first moment you opened your eyes, Nii-san will protect you no matter what."

"We love you, Mitsuko."

* * *

"Agh!"

A rush of pain invaded her body as soon as her eyelids opened. Under the long and thick eyelashes revealed a pair of crimson orbs that could be comparable to the shade of blood. Her brows were furrowed assisted by the scrunching of her nose in pain. Her breathing was uneven and heavy as if a boulder was resting upon her chest.

"S-someone..." mumbled she. Her throat was dry like a dessert that was always burning by the scorching sun. She felt so weak. The feeling in her limbs was so weak that it almost took all of her energy to even lift her right arm to reach out to the sliding door.

Someone slid the wooden door open. The force must be fast because of the sound it made upon impact. A beautiful woman emerged from the door, face calm. She slightly doubted if the person that slide the door open earlier was the same woman. Despite that, even if she was rushing to the awakened girl side, there was grace in her movements. Her crimson eyes trained only on the woman. She was like a goddess.

The woman helped her sat up from the futon she didn't realize she was laying on.

The girl asked, "Who are you?"

The woman looked up to meet her eyes. She answered, "I'm Amane. Amane Ubayashiki. How about you?"

The girl pondered over her name for a while, seeming to forget about it for a moment.

She muttered, "Mitsuko..."