9 | Secure

THE NEXT MORNING, Mitsuko was playing with the doll that her mother gave her by the engawa of their house. Just like every little girl play with their dolls, she speaks to the doll as if it was a living being. She moved the limbs of each doll to her satisfaction, her lips curling up to a smile every now and then.

Out of nowhere, her mind drifted to the events of previous day. The fact that her mind was a haze in the middle of saving her brother Giyuu frustrates her. She can't seem to recall how she saved Giyuu. She remembered running towards Giyuu and Giyuu taking her hand before running away.

Her lips trembled once she caught sight of the fear that was painted on the rude boys faces. They were scared of her.

Mitsuko gripped the doll as she mumbled, "They're scared of me."

The little girl just wished the encounter will not make any false rumors against their family.

"Hey."

She brought down the doll and looked back to see Giyuu, who was standing rather bashfully by the door. Mitsuko immediately picked up this. The behavior of Giyuu was unnatural that it brought a smile to her lips. Mitsuko lowered her body until it touched the wooden floor.

She asked, "What are you holding, Nii-san?"

Giyuu flinched, surprised Mitsuko was able to notice he was hiding something from behind. A sigh escaped his lips. He approached Mitsuko as he revealed a stack of origami papers in his hands. Mitsuko's eyes brighten at the sight of the paper. She always likes to make origamis and shares it with the rest of the family.

Giyuu sat beside Mitsuko. Mitsuko quickly sat up again and faced Giyuu. She was waiting eagerly for Giyuu's instructions. Giyuu gave Mitsuko a piece of paper and told her to follow what he was doing.

"Wow! So, that's how to make a butterfly origami," mused Mitsuko as she studied the finished paper butterfly. She noticed Giyuu's finished origami is much better than hers. She asked, "How come your butterfly is much better than me, Giyuu-nii-san?"

'She told me my work is better than hers...'

"Nii-san?"

"R-right. It's because your folds are not that good. Here, I'll show you."

~~~~~

A demon! Mitsuko immediately unsheathed her Nichirin Blade. Tamayo noticed this and she stared at the color of the sword. I've never seen a gradient color before.

"TAMAYO-SAMA!"

Yushiro entered the wrecked room and went to Tamayo's side. Yushiro was surprised at how the unknown demon easily discovered  their hideout.

The demon looked around the hidden house. "I didn't expect a house will be sitting here."

Mitsuko gripped on the handle of her Nichirin Sword. She held no emotion in the presence of the demon.

Mitsuko spoke, "Tamayo-san. Take shelter from here."

Tamayo protested, "We can't leave you alone!"

"Please don't underestimate my abilities."

Tamayo was silenced by Mitsuko's words. She's just a child.

Mitsuko took a stance. "Breath of Artemis, Second Form: Full-Moon Spin."

Mitsuko spun her body towards her opponent. Her Nichirin Blade cleanly slicing down her opponent in a Monk's Robe style. A laugh echoed throughout the yard of Tamayo's hideout.