2 | Indoctrinate

"MITSUKO INJURED HERSELF again huh."

The aforementioned girl looked from the floor to a boy—few years older than herlooking down at her with a cold glare in his blue eyes. Mitsuko's mood immediately dampened. Tsutako, the oldest person in the room, noticed the quick shift of the girl's mood.

The boy noticed the broken geta sandals resting on the floor not far away from them. He commented, "You even broke your only geta sandals. Do you know how much that thing cost Nee-san?"

Tsutako warned, "Giyuu."

"What? I'm simply stating the truth," replied Giyuu, crossing his arms across his chest. He glared again down at the girl sitting on a chair with the wave of tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

Mitsuko squeaked, "I'm sorry."

"Sorry? Your sorry will not bring the geta sandals back. That is expensive, you know. I'm su"

"Giyuu!"

Giyuu looked over to his sister, her threatening glare running a shiver in his spine. Despite the scary aura of his sister, he never once wavered his conviction against Mitsuko.

He unwind his arms, turned, and said, "You don't really belong here, in this family," before taking off.

"Giyuu! You and I are going to have a talk later!" shouted Tsutako. She looked down at Mitsuko, who was now crying silently. Her lips pressed into a thin line. She still didn't understand why all these years Giyuu hadn't accepted Mitsuko. He carried a hate that affected Mitsuko's self-esteem, and that was worrying. She didn't want the youngest member of the family to have any type of difficulties while growing into the cruel world.

Even if that member was not a family by blood.

Tsutako comforted Mitsuko, "All of the things he said are not true. Just ignore him for now."

Don't worry about it, Nee-san. He's right with every word he said, even the last part."

~~~~~

"Himejima Gyomei..." Mitsuko mutters, committing the name to her memory. She feels a pat on her raven head. She winces as a slight rush of pain enveloped her nervous system. The white bandage encircling her head is still there. There are still a few gauzes that are attached to the girl.

"I hope you'll strive, Mitsuko."

She turns her head to see the Leader of the Demon Slaying Corps looking down at her with the smile that never left his face. Mitsuko purses her lips to a thin line, nodding the slightest movement of her head can allow her.

The Rock Pillar can see an image of the girl now looking at him in the dark. Tears streamed down his face as he took in the state of the child before him. Her face and body is littered with bandages and gauzes from the injuries she received from the assault. He is grateful to the gods for leading him to where the girl was before she passed out from the blood loss.

But, in the back of his head, there's a voice that tells him not to trust the girl easily. He rubs his hands together, the beads bumping each other.