23 | Enquiry

MITSUKO DOESN'T KNOW why, but she noticed something was wrong with Giyuu. It gives her an unsettling and very unpleasant feeling.

"Nii-san. There's a festival in the nearby town. Do you want to go together?"

That unpleasant feeling was radiating around Giyuu. Did something happen? Has she done something wrong? Mitsuko could only assume things in her head.

"No," Giyuu straight out rejected her offer, leaving Mitsuko to pout. They rarely spend some time with each other because of their packed schedule. Giyuu being distant leaves Mitsuko slightly more frustrated.

Munching on the onigiri, she asked, "Why?"

"I'll be on patrol."

Mitsuko eyed Giyuu. She wasn't buying his pathetic of an excuse.

"What's wrong, Nii-san? Did Shinobu-san bullied you again?"

Well, the latter was right, but that wasn't Giyuu's problem. "Nothing's wrong," replied he. He stood up and made his way out of the room.

"It won't be forever to dodge my question, Giyuu-nii."

She heard a hum, before hearing the sliding door shut.

Mitsuko sighed. She sprawled all over the tatami matting, staring dead straight on the ceiling with a confused expression.

She muttered, "Nii-san's probably is in his moody mode at the moment."

As much as she wanted that was the reason, something was telling her it wasn't.

* * *

"You can't?"

Mitsuko received an exaggerated "sorry" from Mitsuri.

Mitsuri took the young girl's hands, clasping them in her own. "I'm really sorry, Mi-chan! You can ask Muichirou-kun. You guys should spend more time with each other!"

"Aren't we spending enough time by training?"

"Nooooo~! What I mean is leisure time! You already fainted from training too hard. We should avoid Muichirou-kun from fainting too. He seems to be pushing himself."

Mitsuri left with Obanai, but not without with a cheerful smile with matching wave. Don't forget the suggestive wink she sent, leaving Mitsuko confused.

She just wanted to see the festival since it's been so long from the last time she went. She doesn't want to come alone. Shinobu had told many times to loosen up and enjoy the spare tine she just got from Ubayashiki.

"Mitsuko!"

She inclined her head to the direction of the cheerful Rengoku. Beside him was Muichirou, looking composed as ever.

He asked, "Do you want to eat dumplings again?"

Mitsuko mulled over the merit of eating with Rengoku again. It won't bring any harm in trying to eat now. "Why not?"

* * *

"DELICIOUS!"

Muichirou was studying Mitsuko from his left side. While he was in Mitsuko's right, Rengoku was in the left, busying himself with his usual chants and glutton for sweet potatoes.
He looked down to his food choice: simmered radish with miso. It's weird enough to have his mouth water at the mere sight of the name on the menu.