20 | Rue

"HERE."

GIYUU HANDED Mitsuko a bundle of cloth. It was black and slim. If Mitsuko didn't spread it out, she wouldn't know it was a pair of black high socks.

"What's this for, Nii-san?" Mitsuko asked.

"For covering up your legs," Giyuu curtly answered. When Mitsuko gave him a questioning look, he elaborated further, "I appreciate you wearing calf-high boots, but it is not enough with that skirt."

Mitsuko's lips curled up in a smile. Her heart fluttered at the implication of Giyuu's actions. "Thanks, Nii-san."

Mitsuko folded the socks gently and settled it in her chest as they were walking back to the Mitsuko's estate—rather their estate after a quick meeting with Kagaya.

"I'm really happy that Nii-san's alive."

Giyuu gave her a smile. His hand went up to her hair and ruffled; the ecstatic expression on her face reminded him that her likes never changed at all. "Same here."

It reminded him of their innocent and carefree days.

"What'll be our lunch?"

"I don't know."

* * *

Two arms snaked around Mitsuko's waist, startling her ever so slightly.

"Ara, Mitsuko-chan is here," chirped Shinobu. The head of the Butterfly Estate was hugging Mitsuko from behind.

Shinobu noticed something. "Ara? Did you grow taller?" She released Mitsuko from her grasp and made the girl turn to her. 

Shinobu clapped her hands. "Yeah! You grew!" 

"Is that big of a deal?"

Shinobu landed her hands on Mitsuko's shoulders. "Very much, Mitsuko-chan! We need to celebrate!" She pulled Mitsuko along her journey to the gate of the estate.

"Where are we going?"

"Shopping, of course!"

Mitsuko sighed in resignation. Shinobu was starting to act like Kanae. She doesn't know whether to like it or not.

As Shinobu was browsing over the kimonos available, she asked a question. "Say, Mitsuko-chan."

Mitsuko was eyeing the ramen shop across them. She hummed.

"Are you and Tomioka-san siblings?"

"Yeah. Giyuu-nii is my brother." 

Shinobu walked past Mitsuko to pay for the kimono. "But, you two don't exactly looked like each other."

"Ah, that's because I'm adopted."

"Really?"

Shinobu and Mitsuko was put into silence. Mitsuko doesn't see the reason of clarifying her questioned tone as she had already stated truthfully her relationship with Giyuu. She was eyeing the ramen shop on the other side of the road.

Shinobu noticed her stare. She giggled at her adorable and subtle attraction to food.

"Let's eat over there!" She pointed out.

Mitsuko nodded. "I'm hungry."

"I can see that very well."

A hand landed on Mitsuko's head, lightly ruffling her hair with affection. Mitsuko's heart went "doki doki" at the sudden display of fondness of Shinobu. Did Kanae really rubbed on her? Not that she's complaining.