6 | Fortitude

Pic above is drawn by me!

~~~~~

MITSUKO JUST CAME out of the house, ready to find her friends along the descent of the mountain. She was trekking down the mountain happily when she heard some voices.

Her first instinct was to hide and listen to the voices. 'But, Tsutako-nee-san told me not to eavesdrop!'

She was about to leave the place when a very familiar voice echoed throughout the area.

"I told you to stop!"

Her small feet immediately burst to a run. Her little legs worked to run as fast as she could to the distress signal until she arrived at the scene, only for her eyes to widen.

Her red orbs were immediately trained on Giyuu's crouching form. She witnessed how he was beaten up by some rowdy boys whose faces she has never seen before. She saw how they kicked Giyuu as her brother struggled under their force.

Snap!

"You mustn't hurt Onii-san!"

Mitsuko harshly pulled one of the boys that are obviously taller than her. Surprised at the strong force pulling him from his yukata, the boy was stumbled to the ground. The other boy who has his fist raised, ready to punch her brother, was pulled by his wrist by Mitsuko and fell to the ground next to the first male.

The last one was able to catch up with what was happening and grabbed Mitsuko by her wrist and hair, yanking it towards him. The girl struggled and tears brimmed her eyes as the pain from having her hair pulled filled her mind. The fell clutch of the boy on her wrist was also aching in pain.

"Who are you to interrupt huh? You're just some kid!" he yelled to Mitsuko. The ravenette replied, "You're a kid too!"

She pulled her wrist towards her mouth and bit the vigorous boy's hand. Fortunately, she was released from his painful grasp. She immediately moved away from the boy and next to Giyuu, who was filled with fresh bruises. The boy groaned in pain as he massaged the skin that was bitten by the girl.

Anger has her blood boiling as it circulated in her veins. Her balled fist were trembling against the pressure she puts in them. Her crimson eyes darkened as it glared daggers to her opponent. Giyuu saw the shaking fist of Mitsuko and he immediately looked away in shame. 'Now she came and saved me from this.'

She hadn't realized that the two she pulled off from Giyuu have finally regained their composure and towered over her. Despite their towering heights and threatening look in their faces, Mitsuko never broke her resolve to protect her older sibling. Mitsuko gave more of the intimidation factor to the three as they slightly trembled upon her gaze.

Giyuu just took her petite hand in his. Mitsuko flinched and looked up to her brother. Then, without any warning, just ran away from the scene.

~~~~~

A frown can be seen on Mitsuko's facial features. It had been plastered there ever since her and Hitoshi received the news the others are gone—specifically, half of their unit.

Meanwhile, Hitoshi was asking questions to the remaining Demon Slayers.

"I woke up and checked the others. Then, half of them are gone. Even, their clothes and belongings. The only trace they were here was their disheveled futon."