11 | Befriend

THE DAY OF the wedding is tomorrow and the people in the Tomioka household are all excited for the next day's big event.

Mitsuko was eagerly eating her dinner along with the whole family. Everyone was chatting. Giyuu nudged Mitsuko's side, causing Mitsuko to turn towards him.

"Is something wrong, Nii-san?"

Giyuu leaned down to her ear and whispered, "We should surprise Nee-san tomorrow in her wedding. Good idea, right?"

A smile appeared Mitsuko's lips. She nodded enthusiastically. She whispered back, "What's our surprise though?"

"I have an idea. I'll sneak into your room later."

"Okay, okay."

"What are you two whispering about?"

Giyuu and Mitsuko flinched at the sound of their mother's voice. 'We have been caught!'

Mitsuko stumbled over her words as she fumbled her hands. She couldn't think of a good lie and it was stressing her. She was so determined not to sabotage their plan!

Giyuu was in the same state. He couldn't think of anything. Nothing was forming in his head.

A good laugh came out of Tsutako. She said, "Well, we can't force you to spill your beans. I have no idea you two mischievous children already have secrets."

Tsutako was more beyond happy to see her two siblings getting along. It was the best gift she can receive for her wedding tomorrow.

If tomorrow arrives.

~~~~~

Muichirou leaned against the tree. There was a smile present on his visage. The kitten was wandering around his feet, shielding itself from the harsh sunlight. Muichirou was looking down at a sleeping Mitsuko across him. Her back leaned against the trunk and her ankles crossed. Her hands were on the side, supporting her weight lightly.

If only Muichirou has something to capture the moment, he'll gladly use it to capture the beauty of the peaceful girl across him.

He looked down to the black and white kitten. He crouched down and gave it a quick petting session as a sign of gratitude. The kitten lead him here. He was more than grateful to see Mitsuko again, even if she's sleeping the rest of the afternoon away. He needed to see anyone besides his asshole of a brother.

"You're here."

Muichirou flinched with the kitten. He raised his gaze and was met with crimson eyes. He mumbled, "Yeah."

He knew he needed an explanation for his presence, so he elaborated, "This cat lead me."

After a moment of contemplating, he added, "I wanted to see you."

"Oh."

"You're not with your brother," stated Mitsuko. Muchirou was surprised. He didn't expect for Mitsuko to say something with his older brother.

He affirmed, "Yeah."

An awkward silence hung over the air. Mitsuko closed her eyes again. Muichirou was stiffly sitting at the grass across her. His back leaning against the hard trunk. He took a good look on Mitsuko again. He finds her attractive. Why didn't he notice that last time?

Muichirou was curious of the sword inclined on the tree. He could almost feel the heat in Mitsuko's garments. Her haori was oversized, yet she is still wearing it despite the hot weather.