16 | Consecrate

HORROR. FEAR. DESPAIR.

Three words were not enough for the young Mitsuko to describe the situation she found herself in. She had no one to rely on. No one to lean when she needs to. No one to protect her from the scary people before her.

She knew too well that the person whose figure she was using to hide her pathetic and weak figure was someone who beat her brother like trash. Her red eyes never attempted to meet with another. She had given up resisting, thus finding herself in this instance.

"Mitsuko!"

'Nii-san. I hope you're alright.' Her fists curled at the demon's garments. 'Please be alive!'

The demon before her shifted and turned; glowing red eyes meeting her fear-induced ones.

The next thing she knew she was engulfed into hug by a new person (if one can still call it a person). "You're so pretty and cute! So adorable." His voice was gentle, but Mitsuko knew better than to be deceived by an another demon's gentle disposition.

She was scared of this one.

"MITSUKO!"

Her eyes snapped open. Her sight was welcomed with Kanae struggling to keep up a fight Douma. Her eyes widen at the scene. Hastily, she scrambled for her katana.

"Ngh!" Mitsuko barely caught herself before she was down to the ground again. She felt her broken rib struck her lung just now. It wasn't helping at all. She dug her blade to the dirt. With shallow breaths, she redeemed herself back to reality:

Mitsuko was fighting an Upper Moon Demon and she just regained consciousness.

If Kanae-nee-san didn't come just now... She left the thought unfinished as she proceeded to lunge at Douma's blind spot.

She swung her blade down only to be met by Douma's ice clone.

She tumbled away from Douma's ice clone.

"I don't have time left, you know."

A pained cough made Mitsuko transfer her attention to Kanae. A grimace of distress appeared on Mitsuko's face. How long was I out?!

Douma spoke, "That was some nice fight and I can't wait to eat you up."

"Kana—" Mitsuko was cut off by the burning pain in her lungs.

"Artemis Breathing, Fifth form: The Goddess' Wrath."

Mitsuko easily reduced Douma's ice clone to bits. In a blink of an eye, her blade grazed Douma's neck, but Douma's faster.

Mitsuko was pushed down to the ground, face first. Her eyes twitched. She barely stopped herself from screaming in pain.

She mentally noted the sky was slowly turning to a lighter shade of blue. She had to spare a few more minutes for the sun to come up.

Douma appeared before her. Mitsuko brought her blade up in a swift manner. Her breathing hitched at the stinging cold amd dry air that entered her lungs.

The Upper Moon Two made some distance between them once more.

Her eyes travelled over to Kanae, who was barely awake. She was bleeding her insides out. Kanae couldn't even speak as the red liquid flooded past her mouth and fingers.

"I pity you," Kanae coughed.

Kanae-nee-san...

Her sight and crosshair closed on Douma and on Douma alone. She could feel her heart beating loudly in her chest. The feeling of her insides being cut to pieces diminished to numbness. It was replaced by the surging anger and wrath in her popping veins. Her mind was very clear. I need to kill you. I need to hunt you down. I want to send you to hell!