30 | Bond

!! PLEASE READ THE NOTES PIC !!

Happy reading~

~~~~~

"MUIHCIROU-KUN?"

MITSUKO IS staring ahead to see the familiar figure of Muichirou. His teal eyes are still dazed as ever and his expression neutral and flat as she knows it.

"Mitsuko," Muichirou calls out, approaching Mitsuko.

Muichirou suddenly hugs Mitsuko, leaving the latter confused. He buries his face in her warmth, basking the wild scent of her shampoo. "Muichirou-kun?"

He states, "I was lonely."

Mitsuko smiles and pats the boy's back. A hug is the last thing she expected from him, but it is a progress in their friendship. At least Muichirou is growing affectionate.

Mitsuko pulls back, "I wasn't gone that long."

Muichirou looks away, embarrassed, "Still."

Mitsuko ruffles Muichirou hair. Muichirou studies the smiling face of the girl before him. He seems to lost himself in those mesmerizing ruby eyes. He notices there seemed to be a certain spark in them, like she has found a piece of herself.

Muichirou grabs Mitsuko's hand, "Do you wanna eat?"

Startled by the sudden action, Mitsuko widens her eyes, soon relaxing to a lazy smile.

"Why not?"

Mitsuko doesn't know she misses Muichirou until they arrived at their usual ramen place. She has indeed missed its low rustling and the sizzle of the fried food being cooked over the counter. The store owner that never ceases to make her mouth drool over her ramen.

No words are exchanged between them. Mitsuko is on the border of being awkward and comfortable. She knows Muichirou was a quiet person. It will be a nice change if he initiated a conversation every once in a while. 

Muichirou grabs her wrist, leaving her confused and surprised at the same time. Is something on her wrist? She has made sure she looked presentable.

It is a quick work around her wrist as Muichirou tied a nylon bracelet.

Mitsuko smiles, "What's this?"

Their food is served. Muichirou faces his delicacy and says, "Kanroji-san said matching bracelets means strengthening bonds and relationships."

Muichirou pauses, "And I... thought of you and wondered maybe we should have one too."

Gingerly, Muichirou raises his sleeves and Mitsuko spots the very same nylon bracelet around Muichirou's wrist.

"That's..." A warm feeling settles in Mitsuko's chest and she can't stop herself from smiling. She has only hoped that it isn't too wide for Muichirou to think it is weird.